• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I released my soft Envy from about 100 feet out, standing at about 4 o'clock from the basket yesterday. It shot out, nearly hitting the tree line behind the basked, and then just dropped. I did the same shot with my 178 Vector, and it neatly curved in to land within 10 feet of the basket.

as it should -- vector is faster and has a greater low speed stability so its going to be able to shape more extreme lines at shorter distances than a slower putter. The midrange fights out of anhyzer quicker and the fade is exaggerated when powered down at putter distances.

The envy IMO is very sensitive to spin. I had a lot of trouble ranging it when I first got it, and still do to a degree, because of bad form. When the snap is done correctly the disc just goes dead straight a long way, before hooking up late. But if you don't get the correct snap on it, the disc will fade early and dump.

At that distance I would expect the Vector to be much beefier/fight out of an anny much faster

FWIW, I find the max wt. P Envy to be a bit easier to range, and to have a bit early and harder fade than the Ns I have. It just seems like this P one is a bit less prone to glide out when it slows down.

Yea I was referring to my soft envy above. My Soft had more fade out of the box than my Proton but the P has more HSS and doesn't get the same glide as the soft on a clean release. So I would agree that its easier to range than the soft. Never thrown a stock N envy.

The envy IMO is very sensitive to spin. I had a lot of trouble ranging it when I first got it, and still do to a degree, because of bad form. When the snap is done correctly the disc just goes dead straight a long way, before hooking up late. But if you don't get the correct snap on it, the disc will fade early and dump.

That is my experience also. I had a little learning curve trying to range it on approach shots. I over shot more than one basket.

Sounds like a good description of the Gryo effect in action. :clap:

Ugh! 6th place for disc of the year, lame. Just proves Innova is everywhere dominating brick and mortar retail. MVP/Axiom put out a lot of solid molds this year and My scores and I are grateful for that.

any able to tell me how an envy and discmania p2 compare for throwing purposes?

First ace ever today, thanks to my N Envy, in front of my entire family. It's been my favorite disc since I first got it last April. I don't see it ever leaving my bag.

picked one of these up today. never had a disc make the bag this fast. played some holes with it and it felt like I had been throwing it for years.

First ace ever today, thanks to my N Envy, in front of my entire family. It's been my favorite disc since I first got it last April. I don't see it ever leaving my bag.

High five! There is no better ace than the first one. I still remember mine, May 5, 2007, hole 7 at Plymouth Creek, forehand with a 168g Sirius Orion LF.

After more than a few close calls, I grabbed my first league ace today with my Envy. Hole 2 at Burchfield, shorts. 254' hyzer into a "bowl" - think, the opposite of a raised basket on a mound. Skipped off some crunchy snow and caught chains. I got the $ace pool$ and bragging rights with my friends for the first ace in our group for 2015. :thmbup:

Just picked up a Neutron Envy from a PIAS today. 174g, Light purple plate with white rim. Really feels great with my FH grip. I felt up a few MVP/Axiom putters and the Envy felt the best with my FH grip. It feels a lot like my Zone but I'm expecting it to be slower and less OS. It is shaped somewhat similar to the Zone as well. I like that the bead on the Envy is so small that I don't really even feel it. Can't wait to field test it today and report back.

Watermelon Envy love. Skip aced winter 18 at Pier Park yesterday -- 303' downhill. Generally bad round, but a nice finish. Pumped me up enough to play a second round through the first half of the Superbowl. Second round was better, but no ace.

Latest posts