• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

The Envy is definitely more stable than an Ion, in that it will hold a straight line and fade.. if you want to cheat your shot with annhyzer and expect it to come back it will follow the anny for the first part of the flight and break out slower towards the end. It has less HSS than a Rhyno, it wasn't what I expected when I bought mine but I'll be damned if it's coming out of the bag. The Envy is no replacement for a Rhyno or an Anode but it's in the middle which was enough for me to bag it as total utility disc.

ugh

I think you just saved another disc from being added to the growing pile in the basement.

What disc am I actually looking for? I love the glide of my ions and pure but none of them are overstable enough.

Give the jokeri a try. I use a premi jokeri and an N envy. The envy is overall less overstable and goes farther. The jokeri to me is a faster rhyno with glide. Where a rhyno just drops out of the sky for me at the earliest opportunity, jokeri takes a nice power throw and goes straight for a good while, then always fades reliably.

How does the Pure compare to the Ion? The Envy is more stable than the Ion, so it makes little sense that it would not be a level up in stability from the Pure.

The Pure is about perfectly neutral/stable. With a good clean release it is straight as can be. People have called it a Buzzz putter, but IMO it is a little less stable than a Buzzz. The Pure is the best straight driving putter I have used. If the shot is bad it is my fault. But if I need some fade I use an Envy.

Ranger wants an Envy. Same awesome glide as the Ion, with a touch more stability. And a great feel for both BH, and FH throws.

ugh

I think you just saved another disc from being added to the growing pile in the basement.

What disc am I actually looking for? I love the glide of my ions and pure but none of them are overstable enough.

here are my findings in stability from throwing these putters.

pure (zero) < anode (medium) < pure (opto)< anode (soft) < ion (either) < basic jokeri = envy < premium jokeri.

envy and ion are fairly close, but i give the envy the edge in stability. the flat profile of the envy makes it less prone to windplay and easier to have clean releases with. same story with the opto pure and medium anode for me. pure in opto might have a tick more stability.

jokeri is the next notch up but also not as OS as a zone and will not replace one. you cannot replace a zone in terms of stability unless you throw a credo, maybe. it is overstable, but not what i'd use in the workably overstable slot like the envy/ion/wizard/ridge, etc. etc except in its basic plastic perhaps.

the envy is really nicely overstable while still retaining the ability to shape lines without flexing out too fast. not quite sure what you're looking for because there's not a TON of room between the envy and zone in terms of bag slots (stability wise, yes there is) yet somehow the premium jokeri seems to fill it.

Last edited:
Envy's are not more OS than ions really just faster and less torque sensitive. I wish it was beefier for sure' that big bead of the ion can't be beat IMO its just a more difficult putter to drive.

MVP doesn't have a super OS putter-- straight with fade but nothing which is going to fade all day.

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree. I find the Envy more OS than an Ion across the board.

+2. Especially in the short-medium approach game. 200 ft and less and there's a big difference, even some differenct at like 75 ft.

By beat up Envy is still a bit beefier than an E Ion.

But, that's not to say that AFTC isn't kind of right, that it's not a Zone.

i like the faster/ less torque sensitive description, i dont think the envy is more overstable.

its kind of like tensors and vectors.

This disc is very long for a putter. I threw in a open field with a tailwind and threw the Envy 336 feet according to the uDisc app. Very stable disc and exceptional glide.