• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

youre ALL trippin thinking that a premium plastic disc is gonna change characteristics this quickly.

especially mvp stuff... i see people saying that they have to throw new volts a half round before they 'break in' a bit and its ludicrous. everything in my bag has been mvp since before neutron, and nothing has changed how its flown to a point that i cant tune it back in 2 seconds.

MVP plastic doesn't tune though braaaaaa...

there is a diff from off the shelf to some slight use-- after that no change.

i sure hope it doesnt change much, because what i was seeing with mine is perfect stability for the slot i was trying to fill.
i just hope it wasnt that "new disc" thing, where after you've had for a month, its not all you thought it would be.

they wont change like a different disc but more true. Volts only get straighter, amps hold a nice turn, shock excel at the helix flight path and so on.. The first volt I ever bought is still a volt-- by no means is it a different disc even being old and ugly..

I've got Ions nearly 3 years old that still just want to go straight. I'm sure the Envy will hold up over time.

I love these softs. Favorite disc in fact.

I've got Ions nearly 3 years old that still just want to go straight. I'm sure the Envy will hold up over time.

I love these softs. Favorite disc in fact.

When are these going to be released?

dying for a soft N envy

Ranger, these were from a test run they did. They have not announced plans to do a full production run of them, but trust me, I'm going to keep bugging them until they do :D

Anyone out there putting with these?

Yup, I'm putting with one of my white and blue 165 softs. I always liked how the Envy felt in my putting grip, and after adjusting my putt a bit I'm having a lot of success using it in this role.

^thanks mike c. went to Glide today and snagged one. it feels great in the hand. its gonna have a real hard time moving the anode out of the putting putter slot but it feels great in the hand.

i meant like bending it straight if it hits something really hard. i don't think the discs flight characteristics change in a few months time.

44ICVIYl.jpg

Finally got a chance to throw my Neutron Envy and it appears to be the disc I have been looking for. Only played 2 rounds so far, but it seems to have just enough beef without being too beefy.

Finally got a chance to throw my Neutron Envy and it appears to be the disc I have been looking for. Only played 2 rounds so far, but it seems to have just enough beef without being too beefy.

They are actually really good into a headwind. You might see just a tiny, tiny amount of turn, but it holds pretty dang straight and then just kind of drops with very little fade.:thmbup:

The envy really is a great disc with solid HSS for drives but ended up not being as over-stable overall as i wanted it to be. I'm sticking with my Ions because the extra glide helps for my push putt style and the flight is similar on drives, up shots, etc. I'm also used to the feel of the Ion.

I will wait for Axiom or MVP to release a beefy putt/approach disc considerably different from my ions before i add another putter to the bag.

I've been using the Envy since its release and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's becoming my main driving putter and it's also my best putter for forehand approaches. It holds a great line, really consistent.

I've been using the Envy since its release and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's becoming my main driving putter and it's also my best putter for forehand approaches. It holds a great line, really consistent.

It's my only driving putter atm. I used to mainly use a pig, but, although I loved it, I'm tossing an envy/tensor combo now.

The snow is melting...And I'm finally getting a chance to put my white Envy through it's paces. It's a really great compliment to my soft P Anodes, which seem really slow and floaty on putts and drives. The Envy is more ballistic with less glide, making it more OAT resistant for my FH. I was playing a lot of 250' holes in some wind with limited ceilings and I could just power the Envy FH and BH right through it.

On another note...I can't fit two of my putting Anodes in my Revo putter pocket, but Anode + Envy fit perfectly.

Ballistic, I like it.. I was wondering what you were gonna think of them since you are an Anode guy. They sure pair well together, lots of overlap but still different enough to carry both.

I grabbed a 165 Proton and 170 N Envy primarily to try and cheat my lob putts with some annhyzer maybe try and kick Anodes out of the bag. That's not gonna happen, I'm not having much luck with that, they like to go into the basket on a hyzer so not what I expected and if I hit a headwind on a 15' putt they get late lift and hit top of the basket.

They are amazing paired with an Anode, best approach disc for me so far. I'm having trouble ranging it, flat laser putts and piles of short Ace runs, the extra HSS is letting me get further drives with it than any putter. Then there's the FH duties it immediately took over on. Deep floating hyzers, great annhyzers. So much easier to throw than I thought and less stable, not was I was expecting at all but a very welcome addition.