• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Envy vs Mercy

Same inside depth. Mercy has higher shoulder.

EnvyvMercy.jpg

Im looking forward to some soft Proton Envies. I always liked my soft Proton Ions the best.

Amen.

Couple of the older soft Ions I have, I swear that they're softer than more recent soft Anodes I picked up...? Could just be my imagination. But I love the P softies too.

Off topic-ish, in my perfect world, we'd have some looks at some soft P in the non putter molds.

Have your proton Envies come in yet? I'm curious if they have the mild dome compared to Neutron that I see in the Alias.

I'm not Andy, but my 1 Proton Envy has about an 3/4 inch of shoulder in the core then super flat. I too am looking forward to Soft Proton.

i've only had the opportunity to throw 3 mercies, but none of them were even close to the PA1 i bought. i would not say the envy is super close to the pa1 either, though it is closer than the mercy from my experience. the pa1 faded earlier than the envy.

I'll have to double check but I think my proton have dome(sholder to flat) where the neutron is board flat...

I just checked, the 170 is very close to the neutron, maybe a hair taller. The 175 is slightly concave. :thmbup:

I was thinking the pinnacle ghost I got at the same time. :doh:

I'm expecting the Mercy to be slower, have more glide, and have more LSS than the Envy. I'll find out in about 83 minutes.

Here's the results of an Axiom Envy Neutron blackout job on one of the rainbow stamped white cores. Turned out pretty slick!

12981184935_d7abff18be.jpg

I want to try that but then I could never use that Envy for my videos haha. The colored rims are a godsend for filming, just like the Eclipse were.

I want to try that but then I could never use that Envy for my videos haha. The colored rims are a godsend for filming, just like the Eclipse were.

I dunno man... It's pretty cool lookin even if it's not film worthy. I've always been apprehensive about black discs except for putting putters, but this one's gonna get thrown. Planning to play two courses tomorrow for the first time, so just hoping I don't lose it first day out. Lol

Going to hit Sims Park in Euclid and Punderson State Park.

I really like Punderson. The long tees are legit. A couple of weird lines, but also some really fun, tight, landing area based golf through big trees. I would play the short tees though if it's your first time through.

Is sims the one near the lake? If so it's ok but not my fav type of golf; city park style, but still worth checking off the list if it ain't a super windy day.

Yes, Sims is right on the lake. Playing in the 4th of a 5 tourney winter charity series there on Sunday, so thought I should at least get in a scouting round beforehand. Gotta hold into my points lead in the series! It's not supposed to be too windy today, but you can never say that with certainty right on Lake Erie.

I'm really looking forward to playing Punderson. I've heard and read lots of good things and have wanted to get out there for quite a while now. I'll probably do the shorts the first round just to familiarize myself with the course and maybe throw the longs for a second round. It all really depends on how much snow is on the ground. Punderson is in the snow belt from Lake Erie and gets hammered with a lot of lake effect snow that we don't get a little further south where I am.

Nowhere near that picture you posted from Maine though. That's just nuts!

Latest posts