• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

http://youtu.be/3l3eKk1Lt1g

Cheap plug, but heres my in the bag with a couple sweet shots with my most worn in Envy. Itll show how straight they get with just a mild amount of seasoning. Im throwing them about 250 with little to no fade.

Maybe I missed it but the envys you threw DEFINATELY faded left. You second one faded left 20'+!!!

Real straight shooter. Hahaha.

He's the one guy talking about how they beat up faster...Everyone else throwing them has had no complaints. We just didn't make a video.

So me saying they beat up faster (which I have evidence of) is me complaining about a disc THAT IS IN MY BAG? I can't tell if you are trolling or just super MVP fanboi? I have one small gripe about a disc I love and now I'm not worthy to throw the mighty MVP?

I don't get it. I really don't. You have come after me on multiple threads with torches and a pitchfork...about a disc that I not only bag, but also said that I fell in love with immediately. So you are attempting to flame someone who is a a fan of a disc, because my disc has gouges? :wall:

I own five neutron Envies and have three protons on the way. I am clearly liking this disc. But the FACTS ARE that my rims are severly gouged up. You can see the course I play on in the video..it is far from a rocky or wooded course. The other FACT is that I've been throwing the same MVP Volt for nearly 18 months and while the rim is damaged, it is nowhere near the damage of my Envy overmolds. Why would I make it up? I THROW MVP DISCS!!! I'm not some anti-MVP guy who is here to flame anyone who throws the brand.

Jeez, everybody's a critic.

You can clearly see the amount of hyzer I was putting on them as well.

Well you post reads look at this video and see how straight the disc is. Then both throws are NOT! Lol. Maybe you should have showed a straight throw? All I know is my envys throw just like yours and they are NOT straight. They fade...

You can clearly see the amount of hyzer I was putting on them as well.

the very small degree of hyzer is compensated by your shoulders being off line. show me a shot where you pull low with some real shoulder turn and run up left to right with a closed shoulder where your envy flips.

that's hardly even a hyzer flip you give the aviars let alone the envy. sure, not flat shots but I wouldn't call them huge hyzer flips either-- but this is with a FR ION and no real run up:

Last edited:
Well you post reads look at this video and see how straight the disc is. Then both throws are NOT! Lol. Maybe you should have showed a straight throw? All I know is my envys throw just like yours and they are NOT straight. They fade...

To me, they fly like Ions but with more HSS. You can really goose a throw and you will see minimal fade. On hyzer, or thrown softer, you will certainly get fade. They hold annys too.

I said straight but I guess I should have used the old disc golf cliche "holds any line you put it on" LOL

To me, they fly like Ions but with more HSS. You can really goose a throw and you will see minimal fade. On hyzer, or thrown softer, you will certainly get fade. They hold annys too.

I said straight but I guess I should have used the old disc golf cliche "holds any line you put it on" LOL

and lets be real, my Ions HSS has hardly changed much since purchased current production run-- while the envy? I am skeptical of.

The Ion will always have the BB on its side. Ion first disc ever made from MVP, envy has A FEW YEARS OF catching up to do once the hype settles.

Last edited:
and lets be real, my Ions HSS has hardly changed much since purchased while the envy? I am skeptical of.

The Ion will always have the BB on its side. Ion first disc ever made from MVP, envy has some catching up to do once the hype settles.

Obviously I haven't had the Envies for too long, but the HSS seems to be holding just fine. I lost a lot of the initial fade, but since everyone here is wanting to crucify me, I guess it's just me.

All in all, I like the Envy for driving, not much for putting. I putted with Ions for awhile but they just didn't feel right in my hands. The Envy is just made for driving and long distance approaches. I am eager to get my Protons in, and hope they are just as flat and tasty as the Neutrons.

So me saying they beat up faster (which I have evidence of) is me complaining about a disc THAT IS IN MY BAG? I can't tell if you are trolling or just super MVP fanboi? I have one small gripe about a disc I love and now I'm not worthy to throw the mighty MVP?

I don't get it. I really don't. You have come after me on multiple threads with torches and a pitchfork...about a disc that I not only bag, but also said that I fell in love with immediately. So you are attempting to flame someone who is a a fan of a disc, because my disc has gouges? :wall:

I own five neutron Envies and have three protons on the way. I am clearly liking this disc. But the FACTS ARE that my rims are severly gouged up. You can see the course I play on in the video..it is far from a rocky or wooded course. The other FACT is that I've been throwing the same MVP Volt for nearly 18 months and while the rim is damaged, it is nowhere near the damage of my Envy overmolds. Why would I make it up? I THROW MVP DISCS!!! I'm not some anti-MVP guy who is here to flame anyone who throws the brand.

Jeez, everybody's a critic.

For one thing, I think you know enough of me on here to know that I am not going to be bringing flames and getting too fired up with capital letters and whatnot. And I don't know that I have ever done anything in any other thread other than respectfully point out that you seem to be the only one experiencing the Axiom stuff being roughed up more than others. I generally counter that with my experience that the discs hold up fine. If that is pitchforks, then I guess you better put me on American Gothic.

If the tone of my post sounded terse, it's only because you have been mentioning many times that your discs are beating up faster, and people are clearly seeing that because they are asking questions about it. I'm simply countering with my experience so that one voice isn't drowning out other experiences.

All I've been trying to do is provide a counterpoint to your experience with my own. The more information, the better.

Obviously I haven't had the Envies for too long, but the HSS seems to be holding just fine. I lost a lot of the initial fade, but since everyone here is wanting to crucify me, I guess it's just me.

All in all, I like the Envy for driving, not much for putting. I putted with Ions for awhile but they just didn't feel right in my hands. The Envy is just made for driving and long distance approaches. I am eager to get my Protons in, and hope they are just as flat and tasty as the Neutrons.

IMO I see the design being very similar to a pure which lost its LSS before the HSS. now in a year+ my pure needed much more hyzer for a straight shot than any ion I have ever thrown at 325' (outside of FR/2nd runs with smaller beads) The envy seems like a hell of a driving putter for long term DX "roc" like flights out of a putter and obviously shorter distances. Like the pure could be a mini buzz maybe the envy is a mini roc?

IMO I see the design being very similar to a pure which lost its LSS before the HSS. now in a year+ my pure needed much more hyzer for a straight shot than any ion I have ever thrown at 325' (outside of FR/2nd runs with smaller beads) The envy seems like a hell of a driving putter for long term DX "roc" like flights out of a putter and obviously shorter distances. Like the pure could be a mini buzz maybe the envy is a mini roc?

Someone should try that, see how they match up...assuming you're talking about Opto Pures here? Pures have mad glide for a putter. Which is another thing I noticed about the Envy. Seems to have just a little more "carry" than an Ion.

More forgiving to OAT monsters like myself as well. Haven't flipped one of these unintentionally yet.

only pures i really threw hard and year+ were GRIP line. oop before the new blends and opto came out. i wanted an opto foreverrrrrrrrr but by the time they came out i had gone ions. They were very much like a star plastic. Rubbery neutron.

The smaller bead for sure would make sense that they don't stay flipped over or turnover as eaily with a wonky throw. When you throw an ION poorly you know it where the envy should let you have some room to work.

Last edited:

Latest posts