• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I'll keep saying it and saying it.

MVP for consistency in runs.
Axiom for variety.

Colored rims give to many variables in the flights.
Yes, Simon heads up on the colored plates for the time lapse. Earlier in the year, you were correct on the colored rims as I had 4 of the neutrons at the time. Keeping two of them. I don't have the interest with Fission Time lapse to go fishing based on colors. Maybe at the 175g if they decided to do it . It looks like to me same with colored Rythmns?

There was almost a year gap between picking up Fission Waves. Something was not right with the one I picked up last fall, same with the one a few months ago. Compared to more than a year and a half ago when I picked up 6 at different weights when I decided they were going to be my main driver. Same goes with my second Signal bought a year apart. Everything else has been consistent with MVP or it could be a me thing.

To me, with mvp drivers it's the dome. Usually they're board flat with no glide. For some reason fission seems more likely to mold up with some dome. The fission TLs came out with a huge dome.

Dome doesn't necessarily equal glide. Nobody had issues with MVP flat discs flying far. Most of us were drawn to mvp because there was no dome at all, the discs looked clean and flew far with no issues.

The dome thing is more from a lot of single mold users switching over who are used to the dome. Or just overall bad info on how disc aerodynamics work.

Dome "can" equal glide. But a flat top driver doesn't mean "less glide." A lot of times under stability from dome in discs is mistaken for glide as well.

It's a silly topic honestly. People who like domey discs like domey discs.
But that's single mold thought process to 2 part molding again.

A lot of older discs with "dome" had more under stability cause the PLH had curved down during the cooling process. So it's not necessarily more "glide" its that they were more understable because the PLH was lower.

Yes, Simon heads up on the colored plates for the time lapse. Earlier in the year, you were correct on the colored rims as I had 4 of the neutrons at the time. Keeping two of them. I don't have the interest with Fission Time lapse to go fishing based on colors. Maybe at the 175g if they decided to do it . It looks like to me same with colored Rythmns?

There was almost a year gap between picking up Fission Waves. Something was not right with the one I picked up last fall, same with the one a few months ago. Compared to more than a year and a half ago when I picked up 6 at different weights when I decided they were going to be my main driver. Same goes with my second Signal bought a year apart. Everything else has been consistent with MVP or it could be a me thing.

I was just over here screaming at my screen with simon and all that.
Dude could have came over here and I"d have had his bag built for him in minutes without him having to really try hard.

Pretty much every disc he bags now was on my "simon should throw this" list.

Granted, you gotta learn the discs and try stuff out. But pro's are about how they throw/feel/fly. They dont care about your emotional connections to the volt, or how much you think some other disc is the best disc. It's about what it does.
Look at simon going for the proxy over the envy. Blew my mind.
I can't stand the proxy. Just such an unreliable flight to me. Envy is so controled and powerful.

Noted. I attributed the difference between the neutron TL and the fission TL to be that they were different plastics and weights. At this point the mold only exists in these two plastics right? FWIW the 157g and 167g fission TL I have fly pretty similar.

A thing to remember with MVP is this.

Lets base this off a single mold flight of a 175gramm disc.

The MVP Equivalent in standard plastics is 168. There is about around a 7 gram difference.
This is why when people jump into MVP for the first time and buy 175 stuff, they can't throw it and say "this is garbage" because its to overstable for them.

Well, the gyro is getting them. Hand them a 168 and it will fly for them just fine. So, in regular premiums from MVP you're seeing a 7gram difference in the gyroscopic stability with a single mold.

When you jump into fission, it bumps up to around 15gramms.
So a 160 fission with gyro is going to act like a 175 gram single mold.

MVP is the king of low weight disc performance. Because you can get the stability of a higher weight plastic while throwing lighter weight discs.

I'm not afraid to throw my 150 class stuff in the wind with MVP. The gyro's got me.

But its the phsyics of the outer edge being heavier with the discs. It takes more technique to get that same spin.
Or you can just drop some weight on the disc and that moment of inertia imparting into the spin is easier.

I support your proxy dislike haha. but I see how people would like it. An electron envy is more my jam.. got 3 woodys last night with it but no aces.

To dome or not too much dome is an often asked question. Generally my impression, PLH notwithstanding, is that the dome creates initial stability with a more likely chance of mild turn, and a chance of stabling out gently (which flips the nose, adds height extending the flight). More of riding the air, then cutting it.

Rhythm wise who knows with the colours. I think they were more day/run dependant than anything. The circuits were US with a few freaky stable ones. The best were fluorescent yellow with medium high dome and Grey rim.

My furthest flying Rhythm is a flat 160g se N it started out very stable straight, it broke into a very lightly turning yet still straight disc with a slightly gentler fade. Basically it flies a shallow s and probably has gained about 25 ft.