• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Damn that turned out good. How tough would it be to do just the rim or just the core do you think?

Here's the result - Pretty sweet!

12868834174_d14d00f051.jpg

Looks great! Does the stamp naturally not take the dye?

I don't think it would be hard. You can whip up a batch of dye to paint on surfaces and maybe mix a bit of acetone in there to help it set before it runs on something. *thumbs-up*

And hotstamps do not take dye. You can wipe them afterward for a cool ghost effect though. The stamp under that will be white, the color of the disc. Unless he already did it. :)

Damn thats nice.. i have never dyed discs before but im going to give it a shot acter seeing that

Here's the result - Pretty sweet!

any older ones you did this with which could have faded over time or new process for you? waiting for this summer to get feedback on a few of my own but that black looks nice! what is it your using for the dye?

It's iDye Poly black, without the intensifier that comes with it. I bring it to right before a boil, and then let the disc soak. The MVP stamps don't come off or dye. I've had some Innova ones come off tho.

As for dying just a core or a rim, I'm sure you could with the right technique. I tend to like solid color discs, so haven't tried anything like that yet outside of a few stencils I got on eBay.

As for fading, I haven't noticed any. But, that's the nice thing about black. If it ever did, ya just pop it back in the dye. The protons are my favorite to dye. New ones look like volcanic glass.

Might try a rainbow stamped neutron Envy next and see if the foil rainbow stamp stays on. That would be sweet.

...mvp stamps should come off just like any other. they are deep but they do wipe. The disc in my avatar is mvp and I am currently wiping a neutron tangent...you use acetone with a qtip or cotton swab and you make sure to rinse frequently and wipe gently yet firm enough to get some of the stamp off.

Stamps should not come off just due to hot water.

Last edited:
Wasn't saying you can't take them off. Just saying the act of dying them doesn't harm them or alter them. Again, that's just my experience with MVP. I dyed a couple Innova discs and the foil stamps flaked off afterwords.

new company manufactured by MVP. same plastics but different/unique molds which also come multi-colored.

Alright I got a chance to throw my envy today. The voodoo may be losing its spot in my bag. Hopefully we will get some warm weather so I can take my evo voodoo out with the envy. The envy is a bit slower, but more OS. I like that it is slower because it will help define my breaks between my slow mid (tangent) and my putters. I prefer less overlap as it makes decisions easier and more assured. I foresee it breaking into a similar flight pattern as a the evo voodoo. If it does that we have a winner.

Been a while since I tossed a Rhyno but I think the Envy shows more glide.

This.

I finally got a bunch of throws in with the Envy (wht/wht) this weekend. It can do some of the same things a Rhyno can in touch-shot range, but I found it to be pretty different.

If you're used to a Rhyno as a thrower, the Envy will take some adjustment. It's glidey as hell, even compared to the Ion, IMO, which it's otherwise similar to in flight. I like it better than the Ion for throwing, for the inner rim, but I'm having an adjustment period with ranging it. It's sneaky long. Throwing one of those powered down flex approaches, like when you're in trouble right, it'll sail. Reeeally slow pan out of that anny, even shallow. I blew by on several approaches with it by 30-40 feet.

I'm willing to give it some time for me to get used to it, because it feels/comes out of the hand so nice.

The very first thing I noticed about the Envy vs Rhyno was the glide. I wouldn't say the Envy has more glide than the Ion, but it's much more than a Rhyno.

I thought there was maybe other reports of this not really why I made the post in the general Axiom thread and purposely didn't quote his video. He also says he cant replace his N volt which I still don't get what people are talking about b/c I HAVE A FIRST RUN VOLT THAT FLIES AND LOOKS JUST LIKE PROTON. Yes, there were volts that showed less HSS off the shelf but you weren't throwing a TRUE volt then lol. The many many many I have owned only a select few (sub 170g) had -HSS.

Glad to hear it doesn't sound like the color over-mold matters at all as far as durability goes.