• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Would you rather drive with a soft or med envy?

Envy is a driving putter to me, the lower glide makes it easier to range but i would still putt with Ions.. maybe on a windy day putt with Envy though.

That's what I want a soft envy for. The ion can't deal with a lot of wind and I want to kick the wizard out ofthe bag.

I'm heavily biased with any kind of putter. MVP, non-MVP, premium, baseline, putting putter, driving putter. Softs all the way.

Right now I've got 3 Envy's bagged, the two 165g Soft testers I've got and a 175g Proton. If Softs become production I'll switch over completely though.

I would never get rid of my Wizard until MVP releases a base plastic, i need it around in case of wet weather.. i had some bad tournament experiences when my Ions get wet so i try to avaid them in those conditions.

Mike,
What is it about the softs Envys that are boosting you desire to switch from Ions?
I like my Med Envy for drives, but have not got the hang of it for putting, but I haven't had much time to practice putting the past two weeks.

I think the flatter, sleeker feel just lets it come out of my hand a little more consistently. I prefer the flight of the Ion for a putting putter, but the feel of the Envy. So I'm trying to beat in one of these Softs some and see how it does. I might go back to Ions, might stick with it, not sure at this point.

deepest music video maybe in history of MTV.

Kinda like you and your videos on DGCR.

Notice the newest neutron is more 400s like and has more flexibility? They all almost have a little swirl too them too. My old volts/tangents and even resistor are harder for sure.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a base putter that feels like the envy try out the pa1. Seems to be super similar in feel. Flight is similar too!

deepest music video maybe in history of MTV.

Kinda like you and your videos on DGCR.

Notice the newest neutron is more 400s like and has more flexibility? They all almost have a little swirl too them too. My old volts/tangents and even resistor are harder for sure.

Yup just noticed this today, got an order of neutron Switches in and they are all slightly gripper than any of my other neutron discs, its hard to see but there is a slight swirl around the edges and near the center by the nipple on most of them, slightly softer too.

looks like they are making it standard :D

So took the initial tentative steps to find a putter mold that I can push either my magic or voodoo out, ideally both. My local PIAS is carrying axiom proton! Albeit incorrectly, they had all the Aliases labeled as put and approach.

So I picked up this beauty, love how thin it is! Feels similar, to the Warlock, but slimmer.

Now I just need to figure out how to "smoke" the underside of the flight plate.

Attachments

• CAM00746.jpg
    CAM00746.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 44
Something I've actually wondered about since the MVP folks did the Q&A thread is whether the rims will take on dye. I'm going to order a white rimmed Proton Envy tonight and see what happens. Might take a little customizing, but who knows, maybe there's a black-rimmed Envy to be had afterall. Worst case scenario, it'll be a fun little experiment.

Here's the result - Pretty sweet!

12868834174_d14d00f051.jpg