• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

As are Kirk and Alan. One might say there is a veritable plethora of nice guys in the disc golf business. And the best system thing is up for debate (not knocking Community Discs, who has helped me emmensly in hosting events...)

Very true. I'm speaking specifically about the axiom selection system, there is none better. :D :thmbup:

Protona have been up at Infinite Discs for several days now....they still have some high weights left. Im eager to try the Proton. Dont get me wrong about the Ns beating in so quick....I like a disc that can be thrown with power and still be arrow straight. But if the Ps start off a little bit more OS it could be a great combo.

Who sain Ns beat in fast?

Enjoying the envy quite a bit. Have parked numerous holes in the 225 to 250 ft range. It holds a nice line before sitting down quickly, but without an overly aggressive dump.

Who sain Ns beat in fast?

I am. Much quicker than any other Neutron disc I've had. For instance, my Volt which flies more or less the same as it did this time 12 months ago, and shows wear but nothing crazy. My Envies are already showing serious wear and have lost a lot of their fade.

The weird thing is, the HSS stability is still there. Even cranking full power (for me) it still goes straight and finishes with barely any fade unless I add hyzer. Will also fight a bit of anny. Huge cosmetic damage, and the flight has changed significantly.

I'm wondering if this is what the MVP guys were referring to when they were previously asked about why they didn't have more colored rims?

Either way, if the Proton is a little bit more OS, we could have a nice combo on our hands.

I am. Much quicker than any other Neutron disc I've had. For instance, my Volt which flies more or less the same as it did this time 12 months ago, and shows wear but nothing crazy. My Envies are already showing serious wear and have lost a lot of their fade.

The weird thing is, the HSS stability is still there. Even cranking full power (for me) it still goes straight and finishes with barely any fade unless I add hyzer. Will also fight a bit of anny. Huge cosmetic damage, and the flight has changed significantly.

I'm wondering if this is what the MVP guys were referring to when they were previously asked about why they didn't have more colored rims?

Either way, if the Proton is a little bit more OS, we could have a nice combo on our hands.

Well I hope my envies turn Into what you are saying! I would love a laser beam straight disc. That's why I loves the ions. I just like the feel of the envies better. Hence my hope

my envy never really had any significant dump. 0,1 thrown flat. 0,2 given some height and slight hyzer. it has simply been a straight disc. really remarkable that it has just about the same fade on a 100' line as a 300' line ime. it has been a nice mirrored pair to my tangents.

Finally got some field work in and I was pushing this thing out to 320-330' in the fridged cold! And at that power it literally went dead straight. Kept it about 7-10' off the ground and minimal fade if any. Just laser straight!

Threw it side by side with my ion and the ion kept up just landed about 10-20' shorter every throw...

my envy never really had any significant dump. 0,1 thrown flat. 0,2 given some height and slight hyzer. it has simply been a straight disc. really remarkable that it has just about the same fade on a 100' line as a 300' line ime. it has been a nice mirrored pair to my tangents.
My experience as well. I was expecting it to be more OS (read: not a Zone), but it was just straight and didn't cover any lines my Judges didn't already. Kinda disappointing.

Have any of you tested out the Protons yet? I was wondering if they are more overstable than the Neutrons.

Didn't we all agree that the neutron volts made now fly like the proton volts, and that proton isn't actually more OS than neutron because it's all about plh?

I don't expect clear envys to fly different than opaque envys, and I don't expect either plastic to satisfy what we all wanted this putter to be.

I have big hopes for the harp, but I've been let down before so I'm not holding my breath this time...

I don't know who "we" is, but it is not uncommon for different plastics to have different flight characteristics.

How well are the Envy's sitting in the chains and basket? I'm really tempted to pick one up for short putting duties 80' to tap ins. I still carry a Rhyno for that slot and tonals, paired with 2 Anodes. I'm thinking I can cheat my lob putts with a touch of anhyzer and an extra touch of stability. The Tensor is appealing for that and windy days but it's not sitting in the chains.

Last edited:
My Envies are already showing serious wear and have lost a lot of their fade.

I can second the experience of the Envy showing a lot of wear relatively quickly.

My other MVP discs, have taken their lumps, but still look great. Dead on and hard tree hits, my Servo visibly taco's and shows minimal damage. Throwing a shock relatively frequently also, looks brand new still.

I used the Envy for a putter round and it had significantly more gashes than what I've come to expect. Not sure if it's the colored rim or if I hit more rocks than usual, but it was noticeable. That said, I can't say I noticed changes in the flight.

Really awesome driving putter. Takes whatever line I put on it.