• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

There's been some hinting around at this question, but...

how is the Envy flying powered down some vs full rip? Like, I'm hearing that it's taking snap well, gliding pretty long with late fade @ around what, 250-300. But, what about the 175-200 ish type shots, where you have to back off a bit? Is the fade kicking in noticably sooner at that range?

As long as you don't get the nose up and have sufficient rpms the fade is not significantly harder at those distances.

I've got a white beauty with the rainbow stamp...even with the hunter orange rim it's still scary to throw in the snow. I can't wait until I can throw it with abandon.

I've got a white beauty with the rainbow stamp...even with the hunter orange rim it's still scary to throw in the snow. I can't wait until I can throw it with abandon.

I've got a white core / red rim that I've thrown in the snow. The colored rim certainly helps as long as it doesn't totally bury itself.

I was playing a course for the first time last weekend with a foot of snow on the ground, and I admit I swapped the white core Envy out for a red core / orange rimmed one so I could find it. Made a difference.

Those white core rainbow stamps are too pretty to lose. Like you, I'm looking forward to having it land on some green grass soon hopefully. Had about enough of the snow for one winter.

Infinite Discs has them up...but better get them quick, since I just bought three and they don't have too many 175g to begin with.

They have some no stamp Protons as well

My Ions are beating in a little too straight than I like. I like a putter with a little stubborn hooky fade to it, like a new Ion. Does the Envy fit this description? Does it have that curved inner rim like the Ion and Anode do?

My Ions are beating in a little too straight than I like. I like a putter with a little stubborn hooky fade to it, like a new Ion. Does the Envy fit this description? Does it have that curved inner rim like the Ion and Anode do?

Yes it fits that description. and it also feels amazing in the hand. Flat profile, no shoulder or curved inner rim like the ion/anode.

My Ions are beating in a little too straight than I like. I like a putter with a little stubborn hooky fade to it, like a new Ion. Does the Envy fit this description? Yes Does it have that curved inner rim like the Ion and Anode do? No

^^ Answered^^

Been turning over an older Ion I've been throwing for a bit now myself. Went "all Envy" today instead of Ion for those shots, and got that fade back. Great disc and a great feel. You'll probably like it if you looking for something with a little more fade and the non-rounded inner rim feel. The lower profile make them great for driving and powered up shots.

Edit: Damn, you guys are quick!

I don't find the Envy has any more fade than an Ion. And I don't know if it's the color additives to the plastic blend or what, but these discs beat in super fast. I have made mention before about my rim getting ate up far worse than any MVP disc I have (including the Volt I've bagged since it came out,) which is really more an aesthetic thing, but my Envy has already lost a lot of the fade it did have.

Oddly, it seems to be keeping the same amount of HSS. I haven't noticed much turn on it yet. I love the discs, but I'm wondering if this will last as long as other MVP discs. For right now, the evidence points to NO. We'll see how the Protons work out for me

Interesting answers. I might have to get a Zone and beat it to death or look into something Trilogy/Legacy.

I don't find the Envy has any more fade than an Ion. And I don't know if it's the color additives to the plastic blend or what, but these discs beat in super fast. I have made mention before about my rim getting ate up far worse than any MVP disc I have (including the Volt I've bagged since it came out,) which is really more an aesthetic thing, but my Envy has already lost a lot of the fade it did have.

Oddly, it seems to be keeping the same amount of HSS. I haven't noticed much turn on it yet. I love the discs, but I'm wondering if this will last as long as other MVP discs. For right now, the evidence points to NO. We'll see how the Protons work out for me

How many Envies are you noticing this on? I haven't noticed much wear on mine yet, so I'm wondering if you have a fluky one.

How many Envies are you noticing this on? I haven't noticed much wear on mine yet, so I'm wondering if you have a fluky one.

have heard this from others as well. its almost a micro bead so any wear to that will impact flight right away like a disc with flashing vs no flashing.

Like the pure it retains a lot of the HSS but loses the LSS-- ZJ tried to get testy about earlier but there is nothing about this disc that suggest it will fade more than a ION with time especially. Ion has the big bead on its side.

Last edited:

I finally was able to get out and throw mine today, and I took them to the same gravel pit of a course where I test all my discs. Both mine showed bead damage during the second round when my Opto Pure and 400S PA2 both took a couple weeks to develop some. I don't have any experience with any other Neutron plastic since all my MVP testing has been Proton, but I was kind of surprised to notice that.

They were pretty damn fun to throw though.

Last edited:
have heard this from others as well. its almost a micro bead so any wear to that will impact flight right away like a disc with flashing vs no flashing.

Like the pure it retains a lot of the HSS but loses the LSS-- ZJ tried to get testy about earlier but there is nothing about this disc that suggest it will fade more than a ION with time especially. Ion has the big bead on its side.

I personally wouldn't even call it a bead, but I think that might be a tomato/tomahtoh situation. My dispute comes from the claim that the disc is wearing in faster than other MVP stuff because of the colors. If it is the disc design I can buy that. But I personally am not seeing a ton of wear regardless. Yeah, I have a good gash out of it, but it's not affecting the flight.