• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

For those that have thrown these, how does the Envy compare to a DD Suspect?

Also could some one upload a rim/profile pic?

Thanks

It was deleted because of the profanity. Shorten it to "BS" next time instead of trying to find ways around the profanity filter and you should be OK.

womp womp

watch me give the envy a second chance; it'd be hilarious. my wizards give me release problems and nothing else low profile really matches that sort of flight . . . *sigh* might have to pick another one up.

GYRO puts a 5x-density material right at the edge. Double-digit grams added. It's a very simple optimization. It changes the flight but it's not so drastic as to make it totally foreign, which is what I think some people expect.

Exactly. No one claims its magical and ZJ also hit the nail on the head.

Those who expect gyro to change their game are likely just reading inbounds and not throwing enough plastic anyways to notice.

It was deleted because of the profanity. Shorten it to "BS" next time instead of trying to find ways around the profanity filter and you should be OK.

Or dig deep into your vocabulary and use a more eloquent term.

Balderdash, hogwash, malarkey, and rubbish are some of my favorites.

Interesting.

I'm curious, how did you get the discs to hover in the air while spinning/slowing, to avoid friction that wouldn't be present in actual flight?

Of course some friction and additional weight was present but I tried to eliminate as many variables as possible. Since we can't measure a disc during flight my result was the best possible scenario. Again that's why I said 2-3%. The results couldn't be perfect but are very close.

Have you thrown your Envy yet Tbird? I forget if I saw your review or nog.

Thanks

These two are on my list as well. I'm going to wait till Spring though to see how my bag starts playing out. I'm not sure the Envy is quite stable enough for my slot.

Thanks

Suspect would definitely be faster. Stability is fairly similar if you take into account the Suspect is faster and will fly a touch beefier overall because it takes more to get it up to speed and faster discs have more LSS than slower discs. Pretty comparable flight though, but the speed difference will be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyE7LEQX6o - Suspect test. You can compare how it flew for me to the Envy it you want.

Suspect would definitely be faster. Stability is fairly similar if you take into account the Suspect is faster and will fly a touch beefier overall because it takes more to get it up to speed and faster discs have more LSS than slower discs. Pretty comparable flight though, but the speed difference will be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyE7LEQX6o - Suspect test. You can compare how it flew for me to the Envy it you want.

Thank you Mike C!

Rewatched Mikes test. Not once did the Suspect think about flipping over. Just from the videos I would say the Suspect has a bit more HSS, LSS and Speed vs the Envy. Envy is closer to a putter speed and Suspect is true tweener Zone/Gator speed with less beef.

I felt like the Suspect was a true midrange on par with the others I compared it against in that video, with the M2 feeling a touch faster than it and the Tensor.

I'd agree that the Suspect is probably a touch beefier overall, but I haven't thrown one for about 6 months so I can't directly compare them.