• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] [B][/B] One disc only Forever

I totally understand those who would quit, I would have thought the same prior to 2014 when I revamped my disc bag and took out discs like a g9i Wizard 172 grams, my Wasps, I am keeping those as one is a rare Elite X plastic and the other is from a tournament I played 2008 South Dakota States Championship, no qualifier as South Dakota is kind of small disc golf wise even sport Fishing tournaments on the Missouri River where I live at South Dakotas state capital is bigger. Now I have a better understanding of my discs what they do and how to throw them what All they can do, all except my Stingrays any wind over 9 miles Per hour takes those the wrong way even my max weight one. Wind on the northern Plains of USA and Canada can be bad.

Last edited:
Just some thoughts: It would have to be one you can drive and putt with. This pretty much eliminates drivers, as slower discs can fly almost as far while they are much superior in approaching and putting. Discs with some fade can cover more shots and handle wind better than ones without fade. You have to be able to forehand and backhand the disc.

I guess right now for me It would be a Moonshine max weight Emac Truth, seems extremely versatile, holds its stability well in that plastic-

I play 1 disc rounds on ocassion, and sometimes score better than with my full bag, but its fun to collect and throw different discs for sure

Just some thoughts: It would have to be one you can drive and putt with. This pretty much eliminates drivers, as slower discs can fly almost as far while they are much superior in approaching and putting. Discs with some fade can cover more shots and handle wind better than ones without fade. You have to be able to forehand and backhand the disc.

On the other hand, I've seen a number of people turbo putt with drivers so maybe that's the answer. Choose a stable fairway driver and learn to turbo putt. ;)

Worn Neutron envy. Grippy for in the circle and super high speed stable with not much but enough LSS to be workable. Can also be annied for a slightly straight flight and FH'd for stuff to go right.

I still have a soft spot for my old Star Spider. It was my first ace disc. The Spider is truly a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none sort of mold, which is probably why most people don't bag them anymore. Wouldn't be a bad choice for a 1-disc bag though.

Latest posts