• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back in it.

XvileX

Par Member
The last and only dye that I did was an argyle Star Teebird. I want to get back into it, though I'm not very artistic...

Here's my most recent creation and also the reason behind the registered trademark question. Star Katana, which I don't throw too often and also the only white disc I had to dye that fit what I needed.

IMG_0573.jpg

I learned a few things while doing this one. Most predominantly, that if you want to learn and try to do a good job, cutting the vinyl after a few margaritas is a bad idea.

That looks excellent!! I really wanted the dimples in mine, but I couldn't find an image of high enough quality to blow up and use as a stencil nor do I have the artistic capacity to try to figure out that shading on my own - freehand style. Yours definitely gives me a little something to aim for!

I made a lightbox tonight, which makes this whole process WAY easier. Before tonight, I was just using a glass table top to try and get a little light under, but the glass was so big that I think it was more awkward than useful. After my construction was complete I did a couple more discs...

A new argyle to replace the previous one which ended up in a pond.

ArgyleRedux1.jpg

And then a Stewie for the lady friend. I'm quite proud of how well all the curvy parts of this one turned out. I was a little intimidated walking into it.

StewieComplete2.jpg