• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bags, Bags, Bags

ken3592

Bogey Member
I'm looking to upgrade slightly on a bag (currently I own a $13 Lightning Starter bag...). I'm not looking to spend over $50 on a bag. I need room for about 11-15 discs. I have been mainly looking at two bags that are around $30: The Fade Crunch bag (http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/fade-gear-crunch-disc-golf-p-1674.html) and the Discraft Tournament bag (http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/discraft-tournament-disc-golf-p-332.html). How does the structure and durability of these bags compare to others in this price range? Do both of these bags have a structural frame, or are they purely fabric?

i've got an innova deluxe bag i'll part with for $40 shipped, slightly used, everything functional though. i've upgraded to a discarrier, but this bag served me well.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/bags/deluxe.html

1-12-2010001.jpg

the DGA quads would not be included, just the single strap.

1-12-2010002.jpg

was going to put $30, but i'm pretty sure it'd cost me at least $5 to ship...and i'd rather hold on to it than just have the $25.

just go pick out a bag you like....no need for hand holding here imo.

I just wish there were actual stores in my area that sold bags so I could actually look at them. I have to rely solely on online stores.

I have checked both of those threads, and I agree that the fade crunch and the gb chimps are popular choices. Niether of them say anything about the discraft Tournament bag, which is about the same price as the crunch box, and looks pretty nice, though I'm assuming none of you have used one of them? I just don't know if the crunch box will comfortably hold 12 discs.

The Crunch will easily hold 12 discs, I think you can get 13 comfortably and 14 if you don't mind it a bit tight. Putting the discs in perpendicular to the putter pocket gives you a bit of extra space and works fine.

I carry 2 putters, 4 mids and 8 drivers in Crunch Box and theres still room for 1 more.

Would it be worth an extra $40 for a GB Chimp? Is the lowest price I'm going to find on a chimp the GB website's listing of $60 + $10 shipping or is there a cheaper way I could get one?

Unless a person on this board is selling one, the cheapest you'll get one is on his site. That being said, it's worth the $70 you spend. They're manufactured very well with good materials and craftsmanship. If you play a lot, then a GB is worth it. If not, then the Fade is probably the best buy for you.

ken3592 said:
I have checked both of those threads, and I agree that the fade crunch and the gb chimps are popular choices. Niether of them say anything about the discraft Tournament bag, which is about the same price as the crunch box, and looks pretty nice, though I'm assuming none of you have used one of them? I just don't know if the crunch box will comfortably hold 12 discs.

No problem... I just would have posted a followup in the 12+ <$50 thread, that's all.

Downside I'd say to the Discraft Tournament Bag is it looks like it only has 1 pocket for "stuff." I have a now retired Innova Deluxe which is in the same price range. It has the big zip pocket on the end for raingear an extra towel or sweatshirt, and the little pocket next to the bottle holder for wallet/keys/cell phone/rule book. Just one of those features to keep in mind...

ken3592 said:
Would it be worth an extra $40 for a GB Chimp? Is the lowest price I'm going to find on a chimp the GB website's listing of $60 + $10 shipping or is there a cheaper way I could get one?

My guess is that if you put up a post for a used Chimp in the Buy/Sell/trade thread, you would get offers. Might be a good idea to specify the price ( with shipping ) you are willing to pay, method of payment, and also any dealbreakers such as color, condition, etc.

Chimp is a great bag, nothing really wrong with the others it is all a matter of what you really want.

first time caller, long time listener.

ken, i've owned both the fade crunch and the gb chimp and they are both good bags. the gb is, however, a superior product. the frame and the movable divider make it much more versatile, and, IMO, bags that are designed to hold discs perpendicular to the putter provide easier, quicker access to your discs. or maybe it is all in my head.