• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Band or no Band?

Band or no Band?

• Love the band.

Votes: 90 44.6%
  • Hate the band.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Don't care its the heart of the chains that matter.

Votes: 81 40.1%

• Total voters

Chines

Par Member
ATDG brought it up this morning as part of their Discussion article and it was touched on during the smashboxx podcast. What are your thoughts?

I don't feel strongly about it, one way or the other. If anything, I like them a little more. Better visibility, and high misses don't chew up discs as much.

This will likely be pretty regional. As a Michigan disc golfer, we see nearly zero bands. Just don't have but a handful of courses with banded baskets.

I think a DJ generally makes for a better experience, but if they're a decent band with a large repertoire then go for it!

I tend to prefer Mach IIIs and Vs from what I've used, but I do like the newer Discatchers. Nine times out of ten, anything that hits the belt wouldn't go in on any other basket either so no biggie.

I like it. I travel and play a lot of courses just one time. The visibility of that bright yellow band helps me to find the baskets.

Band. It makes it easier to see the basket, and the putts that would have hit it still would have hit the top of the basket/number plate or just flown over on a non-banded basket. People just need something to blame for their bad putts :p

The band is always a welcomed sight on a course as a traveling player.

I voted for the band.

Pros:
Visibility
Prevents top of the cage roll aways
doesn't chew up putters as much

Cons:
DONK!

I do notice one thing, if the course has chastity belts....... I tend to bounce off them quite a bunch, lol.

I do notice one thing, if the course has chastity belts....... I tend to bounce off them quite a bunch, lol.

They just get in your head right?! This happens to me every time too...the chastity belt just calls out to me! I do like the visibility of them though.

Bands please. Same reasons, easier to see(although I've seen some sick bright powder coats on non-Innova) less of the skipping off of the top or the underneath knob-wack to wonky roll-out.

They just get in your head right?! This happens to me every time too...the chastity belt just calls out to me! I do like the visibility of them though.
Yea it just draws your gaze upwards I guess. But I guess its better than hitting on the bottom rim, which is my problem on most baskets without them, lol.

Love the band for visibility. When I get to a new course and can see the baskets have bands it puts me in a better mood. Walking down fairways to find baskets is not a fun as throwing.

I voted "don't care" from a playing point of view. I do like the visibility of the band when i play a course for the first time, but unfortunately the band provides a prime space for people to tag their aces on it.

Voted don't care as well. The visibility is a definite bonus when playing new courses and looking for baskets.

Sure I have hit them putting and it was still a bad putt either way you look at it. Better to doink and fall than to skip off the top and leave you with an even longer comeback putt.

I voted "Love the Band" because I don't hate it and I like to travel to play courses. I also like wooded courses a lot and the band is almost necessary in the shade on a sunny day.

Most premium baskets catch well, so that's not a big issue. Bands are fine.

I like it, but do see where some people mention it getting in their head. Which is exactly why I think more baskets need to come with a high durability orange tape on the middle of the pole. I put some halfway up the pole on my practice basket and it makes for a great focal point. Makes sense to me, it's like having an actual bullseye at the the... bullseye of where you're throwing.