• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Band or no Band?

Band or no Band?

• Love the band.

Votes: 90 44.6%
  • Hate the band.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Don't care its the heart of the chains that matter.

Votes: 81 40.1%

• Total voters
It's amazing how something as unnatural as metal basket can hide among the shadows in the woods. Nothing says, "Hey, here I am!" like those yellow Innova chastity belts. If you're a you're a real course bagger, you gotta love'em.

Instead of cursing the clang of the band, consider what your come back putt would have been... cuz that shot was too high.

I voted don't care. A lot of courses in the SW OH area have Some form of Mach so those are the ones I'm used to. If I come across a course that has baskets with bands, it doesn't make a difference. Although the donk you get from missing is so anti-climatic and humorous that it almost doesn't make me feel bad missing a tap in 18 ft. Putt

The band is good or at worse indifferent.

The top number plate is what I hate on.

Has a poll on the evil top number plate been done?

Absolute hatred.
I just don't understand how a company that makes the finest discs on the planet can also produce such a turd. :faceplant:

We have baskets like that on a course or two. I prefer the discatcher, every putt I have seen go in from the angled band (which is a bad putt that doesn't deserve to go in) I see a few skip off the top, which on mountain courses where those baskets live can mean a long come backer.

I prefer bands... makes it easier to see the basket from the tee... specially on a wooded course.

There's a pretty even distribution of bands/no bands in my area so you just gotta learn to putt on everything.

I thought this thread was about Dylan's backing group. :\

Re: bands/no bands. I couldn't care less. I'll throw frisbees at any target you tell me to, and like it.

Not having them makes putting slightly harder (more pressure on putt as you have lost 10 cms ish of "protection" from high blow bys- having them makes the baskets far more visible and gives advertising space at courses to let people know what they are.

Generally in favour of the bands, I think they make the baskets look more professional somehow and less like deer feeders/bins etc.

The band is good or at worse indifferent.

The top number plate is what I hate on.

Has a poll on the evil top number plate been done?

This. When the plastic coating falls off those things eat discs up like a pit bull. That's the only complaint I have about the Pier baskets (spiderweb, arachnid) The edges of the sign have no covering when new. I had a beautiful ace run with a KC Roc hit one of those things......It was ugly to say the least.

There's a pretty even distribution of bands/no bands in my area so you just gotta learn to putt on everything.

This. Ill never understand the basket "favoritism" and not until this past year or so actually even noticed the slight differences in them. Hell some courses have 18 different baskets alone. Seems like such a lost cause to care about the basket style. If anything it spices up a round a little ;) :D

I like the bands.. easy to see, high putts do not skip/flare off the top as easily as when they are slanted, less variables impacting the top cage hit points, and always seem to catch well.

Latest posts