• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast, Old mold vs. new mold

Frankly I have no clue why Innova messed with that mold at all. Its a classic. I know a BeastX is though to be too much like an Orc, but I always thought they flew differently.

The mold wore out and when they reordered it the company sent them a mold to the original specs. Not really Innova messing with it again. I haven't read anything suggesting they reordered the interim mold either. On the pro site (I believe) they say all Beasts will be the original mold from here on.

I have no clue which mold yours is. Some of the Ls are decently overstable when they are new. The best way to tell is by comparing the wings which doesn't work if the other one is gone. Good luck figuring it all out.

Beast-X are sweet if you are throwing 400'+
The Beast-L is better for less powerful throwers.

I fell in love with the X mold when they first came out.

I have no clue which mold yours is. Some of the Ls are decently overstable when they are new. The best way to tell is by comparing the wings which doesn't work if the other one is gone. Good luck figuring it all out.

Beast-X are sweet if you are throwing 400'+
The Beast-L is better for less powerful throwers.

I fell in love with the X mold when they first came out.

Fair enough. Probably an L. It definitely started getting a little bit flippier over the 2-3 months I used it, and I actually lost it due to turn into a slight/moderate headwind. I'll self-identify as a less powerful thrower... but it was very impressive how HSS it was and how well it behaved thrown forehand.

I've heard that Star Beasts behave really well FH but I've never tried one. Will have to try my Champ X mold FH tommorow though. BH it will turn and fade but its a glideless flight.

Yeah, the Star Beast I had impressed me a lot because of the glide, even at 175. I didn't use it for full power forehands, but it was pretty controllable for tight shots right around 300'. It liked to go straight but did have a pretty solid fade at the end with some minor skip action.