• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner bag

vto said:
You should check http://www.powergrip.fi, that's where I've got all of mine. They still seem to have some 173-175g Z Stalkers in stock, and lots of different weights in Z Glo.
Thanks man, you're a life saver!

So, he's been steadily working on his form for the last month and has made... Quite some improvements actually. Yesterday we were throwing in a parking lot, and he was consistently hitting 300-330', many going longer than that. He still has some trouble keeping the throws low enough and minor reliability problems (he's been throwing for a month, this is ridiculous) and towards the end of our session he steadily got more consistent and by the last throws he was ripping an echo and a pro Katana around the 350' range, longest being ~370' (hit the side of a mound of snow @ ~355', was 1,6 meters above the ground at that point). I give him a month before the FLX Surge turns into a consistent S-curve driver for him, and we've got at least two months to go before we can even consider going on a course to play, too much snow everywhere. We're going to have to find him an overstable wind driver before that. Any suggestions in the Discraft range?

jubuttib said:
So, he's been steadily working on his form for the last month and has made... Quite some improvements actually. Yesterday we were throwing in a parking lot, and he was consistently hitting 300-330', many going longer than that. He still has some trouble keeping the throws low enough and minor reliability problems (he's been throwing for a month, this is ridiculous) and towards the end of our session he steadily got more consistent and by the last throws he was ripping an echo and a pro Katana around the 350' range, longest being ~370' (hit the side of a mound of snow @ ~355', was 1,6 meters above the ground at that point). I give him a month before the FLX Surge turns into a consistent S-curve driver for him, and we've got at least two months to go before we can even consider going on a course to play, too much snow everywhere. We're going to have to find him an overstable wind driver before that. Any suggestions in the Discraft range?

So how deep is the snow in Finland?

It is too bad you are so far away. Usually if someone is looking for a disc to do a particular job, I just open my trunk and let them try everything. A couple obvious overstable Discraft choices are the Crush and Predator. I like the Crush much better because it fits in my hand better (small fingers). The Pred has a sharper, deeper rim. Since your buddy is an overhead thrower as well, I would hand him a Crush in Z plastic. It will take the abuse of overhead throws for years.

Never thought of trying a Z-Crush for overhands. Always went with the Z-xtreme. Might have to pick one up some time in the near future and give it a try.

About waist deep in places, and more is coming. The "actual" reason though is that the closest courses are around 40 miles away and that's a bit far on a student budget just to play snow rounds.