• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best course in your State

In NY I'd vote for Warwick, it's really a great course.

I also see some Codorus talk going on for PA. I played that one a few weeks ago. We attempted to play all 54 and that was definitely a test of endurance. We ended up leaving around hole #46 (played the whole blue course and 19 reds) since we still had to play Scarboro Hills in MD and Brandywine that day.

tushamajig13 said:
MA - havent played Maple Hill yet...my noodle arm is still feeble and young for that course...or so ive been led to believe...maybe ill head out there this weekend....anyway,

Borderland and Buffumville with an honorable mention to Barre

CT - Wickham Park and West Thompson (gotta love those dams)

Maple Hill is crazy awesome. The Airplanes (long) gives you everything. Elevation, long bombs, water, beautifully crafted pin placements, and short(er) technical shots. Elements (short) can cause problems too. About a month ago they gatheres up discs from the two ponds they have there, and there were over 350 discs pulled.

you hear, "dude, that coahse is wickid hahd gai." or variations on that.

Never been to borderlands, but I hear it eats you up on the long course.

bogies are free said:
tushamajig13 said:
MA - havent played Maple Hill yet...my noodle arm is still feeble and young for that course...or so ive been led to believe...maybe ill head out there this weekend....anyway,

Borderland and Buffumville with an honorable mention to Barre

CT - Wickham Park and West Thompson (gotta love those dams)

Maple Hill is crazy awesome. The Airplanes (long) gives you everything. Elevation, long bombs, water, beautifully crafted pin placements, and short(er) technical shots. Elements (short) can cause problems too. About a month ago they gatheres up discs from the two ponds they have there, and there were over 350 discs pulled.

you hear, "dude, that coahse is wickid hahd gai." or variations on that.

Never been to borderlands, but I hear it eats you up on the long course.

Borderlands Blue to Blue has the highest SSA in the state, and for good reason.
Tush-Go to maple hill, get your arse kicked, and come back for more. It is the best course i have ever played, including Warwick (oh thats right i said it)

I'd say it's between Palisade because of holes like this
3_32b9cf17_l.jpg
and Pueblo City Park cause of holes like this
18_2db2b6d8_l.jpg

Honorable mention Aspen Mountain
15_d196de96_l.jpg
This hole is known as the Kiss the Sky, Kiss it Goodbye hole.

timg said:
Fritz,

That last picture is amazing.. what a hole! Wow!

Yeah, you do not want to shank on that drive :lol:
Your disc is bu-bye if ya do that.

Seriously, I'm going to have to plan a family vacation just so I can go empty the bag on that hole.

mothrows said:
Seriously, I'm going to have to plan a family vacation just so I can go empty the bag on that hole.

A little late for this year unless you can make it out here that quick, but keep you eyes on this tournament.

http://wrightlife.com/site/content/b/3/

It's called Kiss the Sky. It's played at this course usually last weekend in June, or middle of July. It's played at that course and that is the signature hole on the Aspen, Colorado course.

Just got back from a business trip to Sacramento, and added Cordon Park in Grass Valley to my list. Locals were heaping praise on it, like it's the best course in Cali not called La Mirada or Dela. Some touted it as even better than those two, and among the best in the country. Definitely had some good holes, and good use of the topography. But it does not qualify as one of the best in the country.

The two best courses (all layouts) I've played are Warwick and Maple Hill. The only thing that puts Maple Hill second is my slight dislike of the water holes. But they're definitely very fair and reward strong and accurate shots.

In Iowa:

Winner: West Lake Park in Davenport, IA
Runner Up: Peninsula Park in Iowa City, IA

Borderlands Blue to Blue (long) has owned me time and time again. I know what I need to do on each hole, just cant get over the intimidation. Its so intense.

I will definitley go play Maple Hill this summer, and probably play conservative as all hell.

will definitley go play Maple Hill this summer, and probably play conservative as all hell.
We should meet up and do that. Pretty much the only course driving distance from me that I haven't played.

Just got back from a business trip to Sacramento, and added Cordon Park in Grass Valley to my list. Locals were heaping praise on it, like it's the best course in Cali not called La Mirada or Dela. Some touted it as even better than those two, and among the best in the country. Definitely had some good holes, and good use of the topography. But it does not qualify as one of the best in the country.

ARRGGHH

That's right. My wife and I were in Grass Valley yesterday, with our discs, stopped to have breakfast, and then totally spaced on that course. We don't exactly get up that way very often. Frick!!

The Natural said:
will definitley go play Maple Hill this summer, and probably play conservative as all hell.
We should meet up and do that. Pretty much the only course driving distance from me that I haven't played.
Let me know, I'll gladly guide if I'm able to that day.

bogies are free said:
The Natural said:
Let me know, I'll gladly guide if I'm able to that day.

Count me in if you need someone who can guide on where not to throw :eek: :lol:

although dela is widely recongnized as one of the best courses in the country, i'd rather play bijou in lake tahoe, or stafford lake in novato california over dela any day.
bijou in all longs is just one epic hole after another... up and down hills, through heavy woods, and out into praries. 27 holes of awe!
stafford is just gorgeous and extremely challenging. tons of elevation, and one big technical hole after another. i learn a few things every time i play there.
toney's mountain golf may be the most challenging course in the state. it's on a private ranch and is just completely insane but VERY cool! i can't think of a better place to spend a disc golf weekend... teepees, pitbulls to protect you from the bears, awsome family, breathtaking scenery and the craziest course i've ever seen.

between those three i don't know if i can choose. but i think they're all cooler than dela... which IS a fantastic course.

Latest posts