• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best course in your State

I just took my first trip through California playing disc golf and I played delaveaga la mirada and many other courses but the won the I found to be a bit better then delaveaga for overall quality was lake casitas near ojai, great layout, well kept, sweet top of the world hole. I only wish I could have played it more. :)

In VA I like Walnut Creek in Charlottesville the best. I think I've played about 3/4 of all the VA courses. IMO it's better than Hawk Hollow and New Quarter in Williamsburg.

Lowe

In NC my favorite course is Renaissance in Charlotte.

Of the ~200 courses that I've played and reviewed Renny is #1. The amount of labor done on that course is mind boggling!

I've played six of the seven courses in my general locale. Haven't yet played the Quad Cities courses or the Rockford courses, but, from my perspective I'd have to say the 18 hole course at Sinnissippi Park in Sterling, IL would be the best course with the 18 hole course at Krape Park in Freeport, IL coming in at a close second. If anyone reading this post gets a chance, play these courses. You won't be disappointed :!:

in michigan i would say that Mason County Park in Ludington on a lot of holes you have a great view of lake michigan. they have three 24-hole courses. there is a good variety of holes as well. one of the things that kinda bugs me is that fact that it seems to be windy most of the time note: im not from ludington so ive only played it maybe 20 times, but it seems each time ive been there has been wind...does anyone in ludington find this to be the case?

I took a DG roadtrip this past Oct ober through New England and found the below courses to be great:

CT: Wickham Pk
MA: Marshall St - Maple Hill
ME: Sabattus
MA: Borderlands

I can not say enough about Sabattus, I have played over 200 courses and this might be my favorite DG facility of them all yet I haven't seen it mentioned here or on other DG sites. What do others think about this place?

Best course in Arkansas: Horseshoe Canyon.

I haven't played anything outside KC yet, but next year I should have a better idea about Missouri.

esip said:
in michigan i would say that Mason County Park in Ludington on a lot of holes you have a great view of lake michigan. they have three 24-hole courses. there is a good variety of holes as well. one of the things that kinda bugs me is that fact that it seems to be windy most of the time note: im not from ludington so ive only played it maybe 20 times, but it seems each time ive been there has been wind...does anyone in ludington find this to be the case?

Being that it is in such close proximity to Lake Michigan I would assume you have a pretty good chance of wind. My brother in law lives just a couple of miles from these courses and I can't wait to get of to visit them, I mean him

I've only played in NC and the best here is Renny by far but I don't get to play it much. The best in the Raleigh area in my opinion is Buckhorn which also happens to be my home course.

Minnesota
1. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel- 27 holes of some of the most beautiful holes ever.
2. Kaposia, South St. Paul- 18 holer, very wooded, a true test of distance and accuracy.
3. Hyland Hills, Bloomington- Built on a ski resort, large elevation changes. Hole 18 is 705 ft. down a ski slope!!!

My opinion really can't count because there are 155 courses in texas and I've only played in the dallas area. In dallas, I would say audubon and probably veterans, but I've heard z boaz is a really nice course.

corey115 said:
Minnesota
1. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel- 27 holes of some of the most beautiful holes ever.
2. Kaposia, South St. Paul- 18 holer, very wooded, a true test of distance and accuracy.
3. Hyland Hills, Bloomington- Built on a ski resort, large elevation changes. Hole 18 is 705 ft. down a ski slope!!!

I played all of those this summer and Blue ribbon was the prettiest course I have played.

Kaposia is good but I'm sure there are better courses somewhere.

I don't like highland at all.

Donkeypuncher said:
My opinion really can't count because there are 155 courses in texas and I've only played in the dallas area. In dallas, I would say audubon and probably veterans, but I've heard z boaz is a really nice course.

There isn't a best course in TX. There are a few.

Wilco, Cameron East, Circle R, and I have heard from many of our pros I play with that Twin Parks is very nice but have yet to play there.

Zboaz is nice but I think Cedar hill is better.

I'm not too far from cedar hill, so I think I might play that one when I'm over the flu. It's not fun to play when you're sick and almost pass out twice on the course.

Cedar Hill is like your own little disc golf paradise...the park is just outside the city limits and nobody goes there except golfers (and the occasional fisherman). Its my old home course, so I'm definitely a little biased :)

Big Show is coming up on Feb 9-10...

Sounds promising. I just looked, and cedar hill is closer to me than fort worth. Sounds like I got a course I need to hit up when I get back in town. Are there any course maps, or do I have to just learn the course as I go. Hopefully it has signs like porter and lewisville, but I've found that most courses don't.

There might be a map on the bulletin board in the parking lot, but both courses flow pretty well without one. All of the holes have signs, but there arent any pointing from one hole to the next, and there are only a couple of spots that might be confusing:

The front course (Beaver) starts at the NE corner of the parking lot. After #8 you keep walking past the basket to the next teebox where you'll throw over a small swampy area. To get across you have to walk to your left (if you're looking at the basket from the box) and there's a little path / landbridge that takes you to #10's box...just keep walking and you'll cross a wooden bridge that'll take you to the green for #9.

The back course (Coyote) starts near #16's basket on the Beaver course...if you're standing at the basket for #16, look across the big field and you'll see the box for #1 Coyote back against a tree line. The only weird part I can remember is after #9...there are a couple of ways you can walk after that hole. Just keep following the direction of #9s fairway and you'll run into the box for #10. Oh, and after 17's basket, walk back up hill behind you but slightly to the right and you'll find the little path up to #18's tee.

Well...in Iowa, I would have to call it a three way tie.

Peninsula Park - Iowa City
West Lake - Quad Cities
Indian Hills - Ottumwa

Ewing was the best course about two years ago, but has since been replaced.

Latest posts