• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best midrange for low lines

discspeed said:
tigel said:

Nobody honestly thinks this that has made comparisons with other mids. It is not a strength of the Roc (unless, as discussed before by Aaron and I, you are Bob Blair :wink: ).

I've thrown the buzzz, mako, and core. Once you go Roc and have a brain, you don't go back ;) Yeah i went there, muhaha.

tigel said:
discspeed said:
tigel said:

Nobody honestly thinks this that has made comparisons with other mids. It is not a strength of the Roc (unless, as discussed before by Aaron and I, you are Bob Blair :wink: ).

mako
Your brainless comment aside, I can't believe I forgot this one. Also easy to put on low lines. The speed helps a lot I bet.

discspeed said:
Actually, the only time I've ever heard this is from Blake.

What does this Blake guy know anyway...?

discspeed said:
It is a thrower error and not the fault of a disc if you are throwing by your target. Disc down!

I agree, but shouldn't you use the disc that gives you the greater probability of reducing error?

The Buzzz would be the better disc on a low ceiling shot IMHO, but I would throw a fairway driver.

tigel said:
I've thrown the buzzz, mako, and core. Once you go Roc and have a brain, you don't go back ;) Yeah i went there, muhaha.
Your preference for a midrange aside, fact is that the Buzzz flies farther on lower lines than the Roc. You either really don't know what you're talking about :oops: , or you are doing a bit of trolling :roll: . :lol:

keltik said:
I play a lot of wooded courses and I used to love the Cro for this shot. then i found the buzzz, it does the low lines without equal. I guess I'm still trying to reconcile my weird crush on the Cro. I would like to see Blakes top mid list again.

That's odd since the cro has like no glide, I would think it would work quite badly at this shot.

Jerry R said:
discspeed said:
Actually, the only time I've ever heard this is from Blake.

What does this Blake guy know anyway...?

discspeed said:
It is a thrower error and not the fault of a disc if you are throwing by your target. Disc down!

I agree, but shouldn't you use the disc that gives you the greater probability of reducing error?

This is totally true and the Roc is something everyone should try...but its not for everyone. I could never get comfortable with the grip of the Roc, so I never had as good of results as I naturally did with the Buzzz. I play with very low ceilings and I have much higher percentages with the Buzzz than I have with fwy drivers.

Frank Delicious said:
keltik said:
I play a lot of wooded courses and I used to love the Cro for this shot. then i found the buzzz, it does the low lines without equal. I guess I'm still trying to reconcile my weird crush on the Cro. I would like to see Blakes top mid list again.

That's odd since the cro has like no glide, I would think it would work quite badly at this shot.

The Cro gets enough lift at high speeds to keep itself up, but it drops as soon as it starts to slow down. So if you can really rip it, it can mimic a Buzzz flight somewhat, but it still drops out earlier.

A cobra wouldn't be bad for this shot. I am trying to think of Innova discs that work better than the core, buzz or aftershock but am having problems coming up with them.

Element, warrior and Element X are also all fast enough to work.

Leopard said:
discspeed said:
The Impact is pretty good as well.
I heard an old QJ thrower (CE QJs only) say that he loved the Impact because it flew just like his QJs

care to opinionate on that discspeed?

You are making me pick up an Impact next time I'm at the store to test. I threw one and it seemed to straighten out a little from slight hyzer and then fade at the very end with a very tight and low flightpath. Its faster than a Buzzz.

The mako works great for me on the shots, or my dog chewed super beat DX eagle :)

I think this thread has helped me realize why I love[d] the cro so much. It didn't fly 100' into the schule after hitting a tree it only went 10 feet in :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:

discspeed said:
tigel said:
Your preference for a midrange aside, fact is that the Buzzz flies farther on lower lines than the Roc. You either really don't know what you're talking about :oops: , or you are doing a bit of trolling :roll: . :lol:

trolling

<3