• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best new disc of 2010

I didn't realize so many people were throwing 450 feet out there to make the nuke the best 2010 disc

lulz

discs that came out this year:
MD2
TD
Hail Mary
Miracle
Wing & A Prayer
Fuse
Gamma Ray
Money
Fusion Genesis
Fusion Legacy
Flying Squirrel
Secret Weapon
Swan
River
Fluent
Mark
Vantage
Z-Nuke (retool)
Mission
Hurricane
DD2-Frenzy
Ascent
Boom
Kraken
Merc
Protégé
Tempest
Flow
Jokeri
King
Hornet
Wahoo
PD2-Chaos
Vulcan
Wedge
Vector

the only one of these i've thrown is the TD. and well it was just eh. there is a lot on this list that I don't think has even been mentioned anywhere.

Best new disc I saw in 2010, Vibram Summit.
Best new disc I haven't seen in 2010, MVP Vector.
The Summit was in production and approved in 2009.

I didn't realize so many people were throwing 450 feet out there to make the nuke the best 2010 disc
I cant throw 450', but everything is relative.
I CAN throw the Nuke farther that a Boss, Destroyer and Xcal with the same effort. Just a couple of hours ago, I finally got my Z Nuke pin high on an uphill hole when I could not get any other disc within' 50'. So I'm a believer, and a buyer. :)

River, because it has so much glide, and is the only new in 2010 disc i've thrown. although recently it just kept slipping out of my hand due to wetness and its slanted rim...

Although I don't throw one, I'd have to say the disc that had the biggest impact was the River by far.

Fuse and River. I sense a trend there.

2010, Year of the Swedes.

We'll see who is the big winner in 2011

Fuse would be my first thought, but also the Hurricane. The only disc I can break 400' with. Barely. According to GPS I hit 479' with it, but it was downhill in a tailwind...

Definitely the River but I like the Flow a lot too though. Second this thread needing a poll!

Gold Line River
Opto River
Z Nuke

I am still testing the Flow in both plastics so i am unconvinced there. I would like to say the Z Buzzz SS but I have only had that for a week so I could be just giddy because it is new for me. I initially hated the Fuse but it has grown on me, but I would not count it amongst my favorites yet.

As a whole, I believe that Latitude 64 as a manfacturer has had the best year.

I'm still in the somewhat getting to know it phase with my Opto River but it's flying very nicely. The Opto plastic itself rules. It's in the bag. My stiff Ion didn't win me over completely but it sure looks cool. I think I need to try a soft Ion.

(I think) The R-Pro Dart came out in 2010. Now that one upped my putt percentage last year. This would be a real contender for my vote.

But....

Ima' vote River.

lulz

discs that came out this year:
MD2
TD
Hail Mary
Miracle
Wing & A Prayer
Fuse
Gamma Ray
Money
Fusion Genesis
Fusion Legacy
Flying Squirrel
Secret Weapon
Swan
River
Fluent
Mark
Vantage
Z-Nuke (retool)
Mission
Hurricane
DD2-Frenzy
Ascent
Boom
Kraken
Merc
Protégé
Tempest
Flow
Jokeri
King
Hornet
Wahoo
PD2-Chaos
Vulcan
Wedge
Vector

the only one of these i've thrown is the TD. and well it was just eh. there is a lot on this list that I don't think has even been mentioned anywhere.

Who released the Kraken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OlCnPKr4Q8