• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Bag Respect

The only time I profile someone based on their bag is when they're carrying 1 disc (which is usually a warp speed driver) and the bag is full of beer, not discs.

I push a stroller loaded with two rugrats, wear a camelbak, and have the wife commentating on every missed drive/putt (in Thai) 4 or 5 times a week. I get the looks and some condescending comments from tourney bag guys around 20 when asking to play through- especially on league nights if they don't have one of the organizers or course regulars in the group.

Kind of annoying to see them try to race off the tee and still get caught, then imply that their group of 3 to 5 is faster than my playing solo. Not to mention, the wife and kids aren't fans of watching these uber-pros root through the rough.

The closer they are to 20 with tourney bags the douchier they tend to be.

I don't push a stroller, but do have two tagging along (one playing) and my wife usually with the third. I've had groups of tell us that they'll go ahead and go before us because they just assume that all of us are playing. Usually just telling them that it's just me playing gets them to let me through. Except at Bertrand - there we've basically had to stand behind groups that didn't want to let us through.

You carry what you want to. I prefer 12 to 14 discs for a round of disc golf. I have 19 disc bags, but I have to be feeling pretty good to carry that much weight around.

I know guys that have these...
go_cart_3_views.jpg

That's a little too involved for me. I like to stay pretty light on my feet, but I don't want to sit down.

Latest posts