• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Books

Dookville said:
Frank Delicious said:
Dookville said:
"The Sports Psych Handbook"- Shane Murphy

The lighter side of having fun playing sports. "Catcher in the Rye"- Bob Eucher

Boy you best not go spelling Bob Uecker's name wrong again or else.

plus the book is called Catcher in the Wry.
You must have been a school teacher in another life Frank. Question is, have you read the book?

I dunno about having to be a school teacher. Catcher in the Rye is a totally different book that Catcher in the Wry :p

Frank Delicious said:
Dookville said:
Frank Delicious said:
Mid-west?
The Brewers are located in the Mid-West.

But I am not and I thought you were referring to my joke. Did I misunderstand? I probably did
People that live in the Mid-West, and fans of teams from the Mid-West tend to adopt this fatalist sort of outlook about their teams no matter how good they are.

There, you had to go and make me explain myself...you bastard.

Dookville said:
Frank Delicious said:
Dookville said:
Frank Delicious said:
Mid-west?
The Brewers are located in the Mid-West.

But I am not and I thought you were referring to my joke. Did I misunderstand? I probably did
People that live in the Mid-West, and fans of teams from the Mid-West tend to adopt this fatalist sort of outlook about their teams no matter how good they are.

There, you had to go and make me explain myself...you bastard.

So you are saying we are bad fans because we support our teams no matter what? How is that bad?

uh...I think he was just joking that you guys are always doom and gloom even if you're playing well.

Frank Delicious said:
Dookville, now I had to explain your joke. Do you understand how bad your joke was now.
Welcome to the Vortex of bad jokes....hang on tight.

and I'm a Twins fan, so you know what I must be going through right now.

Sorry, stepped out for lunch to play a round.

See....now there you go missing the point again. You are supposed to direct that inward, not at other teams and their fans. What are you from Los Angeles or something.

JHern said:
Instead, find a 950+ rated grandmaster, that's a living book right there, and the older they get the faster they cut through the BS and give you the essence.

I love the way you put that. I'm a magician. You can learn magic from the internet and videos, but the result is more likely to suck. Books are better. A mentor is the best. They save you the time on the above mentioned BS and save you money on telling you what you don't need when you think you have nothing and need everything.

Lol, never fails when I drop the fact that I do magic. The answer is yes. The method involves a floating disc and a strong current :)