• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

Didnt matter when he got suspended and didnt matter when it got reduced. I've been in the sport 9 years. I had literally never heard his name (or remembered it) until the issue last year. I havent thought about his name in the 6 months since the suspension, I wonder if I am alone in this.

Until recently he played almost exclusively in the central Texas area, and won almost everything. He was one of the best pros not on tour.

Career wins:
Paul McBeth- 102
Bradley Williams- 98

And BW hasn't played all season. Yet as of June he was still ranked 15 in the world.

Edit: I'm not trying to contradict the wins in a year point, but that wasn't easy to find. Career wins was.

Last edited:
I think Scwebby has the wins in a year record, that could be wrong

Disciplinary actions by the PDGA are more of a joke than Roger Goodell. There is no actions list, meaning that they can literally suspend you for whatever they want for however long they want. Granted I know that he was a probation, but a shoulder check, especially when the complaining party agreed that it could have been incidental and he gets 18 months. Somone is caught cheating and from a member of the disciplinary committee admits it's the most blatant case of cheating they have seen in a decade and the person gets a month suspension and three months probation. Basically, they are just making this **** up as they go with no guidelines and definitely no information to the PAYING members of the PDGA.

Disciplinary actions by the PDGA are more of a joke than Roger Goodell. There is no actions list, meaning that they can literally suspend you for whatever they want for however long they want. Granted I know that he was a probation, but a shoulder check, especially when the complaining party agreed that it could have been incidental and he gets 18 months. Somone is caught cheating and from a member of the disciplinary committee admits it's the most blatant case of cheating they have seen in a decade and the person gets a month suspension and three months probation. Basically, they are just making this **** up as they go with no guidelines and definitely no information to the PAYING members of the PDGA.

Actually, you're wrong. Have you even looked at the published procedure?

The PDGA's fearless leader, Rebecca Duffy, was just using her last remaining powers as acting president, to expedite Mr. Williams' sentence, sort of like a presidential pardon. I will miss Ms. Duffy at future events.

Wasn't that procedure published in the midst of that whole fiasco?

The procedure has been public for years. I would say a decade, but don't want to be wrong. But I would feel safe saying it's closer to 10 years than it is a year.

The last revision was uploaded on the PDGA site in 2014, well before this "fiasco" occurred.

The only thing published during the "fiasco" was Duffy's statement about the procedure, which basically explained a document that was already available and in place for years.

It's just no one cared one to look until this happened.

Wasn't that procedure published in the midst of that whole fiasco?

Pardon me for stepping on MTLs toes, I do so partly to support him. MTL has by my measure played above and beyond the rules on the D. Process.

I wrote up an in place procedure over ten years ago. That is, I didn't create it, I just put it on paper. At that time there was a list of infractions and repercussions. I can only imagine it is more solid today (no I didn't go look). That procedure was good, and I made some recommendations to the PDGA about openness and communication so the public would know what was going on. They were 100% enthusiastic about that approach. It's why they typically get high support from me, even on the occasions they make mistakes. I've yet to see them not take those mistakes head on and fix them.

The reason the PDGA wanted me to write it up was specifically so they could make it available to their membership. Damned responsible by my measure and better than most institutions.

The PDGA's fearless leader, Rebecca Duffy, was just using her last remaining powers as acting president, to expedite Mr. Williams' sentence, sort of like a presidential pardon. I will miss Ms. Duffy at future events.

I'm gonna guess BW met a set action on getting help. I'm a strong believer in supporting those who take concrete steps to improve themselves.

From BWs posts, and his actions, there is clearly a problem that can be helped. I have no tolerance for putting up with that problem, even if it's not his fault. But if he works hard and consistently to address it, then he deserves my support.

I have not looked at what is published.

I recall MTL speaking about some sort violations matrix on a podcast this year. His personal feelings were it should be made public, but the PDGA wanted it private.

I agree linking players to specific violations is a bad idea for the PDGA, but I see no logic in not publishing the violation matrix.

Has that changed? Is there anything out there that says...Do This, Get This? 1st violation, 2nd violation, etc? The fact that this is a career for a handful of folks and there is a some sort of violation guide being used, but the players are not able to see it is just terrible. What is the reasoning on that one?

If this has all since been published simply disregard my post.

I have not looked at what is published.

I recall MTL speaking about some sort violations matrix on a podcast this year. His personal feelings were it should be made public, but the PDGA wanted it private.

I agree linking players to specific violations is a bad idea for the PDGA, but I see no logic in not publishing the violation matrix.

Has that changed? Is there anything out there that says...Do This, Get This? 1st violation, 2nd violation, etc? The fact that this is a career for a handful of folks and there is a some sort of violation guide being used, but the players are not able to see it is just terrible. What is the reasoning on that one?

If this has all since been published simply disregard my post.

Everything you have said is correct. And I agree with your opinions in this post.

I'm not sure of the reasoning. It's on my to discuss list with Joe. Brian didn't want it published.

But there is a publication of what you can't do - the PDGA rule book. All violations that require discipline, we cite the rule broken.

It's just the "if you do this you get this" piece that's not published.

Latest posts