• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broken Disc....

SpikeHyzer

* Ace Member *
I had to take a moment of silence today...when my 4 year old Cam Todd Challenger blew up in the chains...

ct.jpg

death by chains...at least it died doing what it loved.

On a similar note I lost a beautiful 2 year old predator today...im really torn up about that one.

twmccoy said:
Gotta love premium plastic. It never ever cracks.

Tell it to the pieces of my Champ Valkyrie from the days when champ was clear and harder than now. -18C though. Star Aero I remember well from those sessions. I could bend it a little by really muscling it and was really scared it would break. It felt like I was twisting metal.

today you broke your old challenger and today I got a brand new cam challenger that's the 1st I've ever had.

wow. this is the circle of life.

The only disc I've damaged the the point of being illegal was a farily new DX Teebird. I hit a metal electrical box up on a light tower next to a softball field and somehow ripped the flight plate on the corner of the box.

If I've cracked the flight plate all the way though the rim, do you think it's possible to repair it?

:cry: My first bar stamped solf also the first disc I dyed cracked the rim on it when I hit a rock at the base of a pin. Shot was parked but my disc is done for.

Furthur said:
While we're mourning discs, I cracked a 5 year old flippy roc a few weeks ago.

Damn. I'm so worried about cracking one of my money Rocs. It's gonna happen some day, almost all of my Rocs are the old plastic with the bar stamp.

Terrence said:
Furthur said:

Damn. I'm so worried about cracking one of my money Rocs. It's gonna happen some day, almost all of my Rocs are the old plastic with the bar stamp.

Not a lot you can do about it when (not if) it happens. It's not like I'd quit throwing my flippiest roc because I'm worried about it.

In the meantime, I've taken all but two rocs out of my bag for casual rounds. One KC for stable/overstable shots, and my straight roc. Hoping that straight one will get flippy in the next month or so.

Terrence said:
Furthur said:

I am too, especially about my money 9x Roc. When I think about it though I would rather it die being happy and used out on the course then being lost somewhere. :D

I have broken a few really old wizards and about a dozen rocs of different types. The last disc I broke was an old bar stamped SE roc, it cracked right down the middle when it hit the basket from the tee. That was one of my favorite rocs but I got revenge, I aced the hole the next week.

I broke my first disc fall of last year. It was a green ESP Cyclone(one of the $$$ ones from the first batch they did when they ran them in ESP a few years back). I was really surprised because it was "premium" plastic and it wasn't particularly cold that day(low 60's?) and I didn't throw it extremely hard. Hit a tree and cracked the flight plate :evil:

I know there are plenty of good fairway drivers out there but I really liked that one, it was like a longer Roc.

Latest posts