• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

buying some new disc

Fosterjon35

whats going on guys and gals..ill be purchasing some new plastic this week.i've been playing alot the last 4 months and been in love with the sport..i have bought alot of different disc..Me being a newer player i play with understable disc but now im ready to more up a tad stability wise..i have been throwing a mamba alot but now is to understable for my liking now..i would love to your input on some disc that you would suggest for a player like I, i throw RHBH and RHFH. just throw me some ideas and thanks..here are the main disc im using now

Champ Mamba 170 Grams
Champ Valkyries 171 Grams
Z Buzzz 174 grams
Ti Buzzz 174 Grams
2 Soft Challengers 170 Grams

Before you take any advice, you might want to post how far you're throwing the discs you have currently.

Get a Teebird, any plastic except pro. It will become your main driving disc. Champ will last a lot longer and be more overstable. That's probably what you're looking for. If you can get two, buy a DX Teebird too. Big distance --- easy to throw.

No matter how far you throw you need at least one overstable disc in your bag. Even if it's not off the tee there will be alot of situations where you need a hard hook shot. What ever you end up with you'll end up loving as a utility disc, and can grow into it for head winds or even distance.

Looks like everyone beat me to the answer yet again. I'll just reiterate it though:

Teebird. You need a fairway driver in there anyway, and it flies more overstable. Maybe a Leopard or a River too for an understable driver in the same speed zone as the Teebird. Neither of those is anywhere near as understable as the Mamba either.

Teebird, I'd say DX or Star.. Also, pick up a Discraft Elite-Z Predator.. You need an overstable driver. Not a better one out there in my opinion.

Get a Teebird, any plastic except pro. It will become your main driving disc. Champ will last a lot longer and be more overstable. That's probably what you're looking for. If you can get two, buy a DX Teebird too. Big distance --- easy to throw.

I bought a DX Teebird yesterday and holy crap! I field threw it this morning and couldn't agree more with this sentiment! Everyone on here loves them, moreso than a Leopard it seems and now I see why! The Birds are definitely making a nest in my bag! :D

As for the OP, getting a Teebird will not be a mistake!