• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] C-Line DD

Anyone else been bagging the Sexton DD's? I have a flat dayglo in the bag right now and finally have it worked in slightly. I am finding it fairly beefy and great option for headwinds or heavy cross winds. Just as beefy as the old stock, but with a touch more glide. Hoping to get my hands on 1-2 more dayglos.

I have a 2 sexton DD and one old C-line I found from the early beefy runs at a PIAS. Although the sextons may be a tad longer and stiffer feeling they both hook up and fight wind really well. I would say the sextons fly like a champ wraith minus the high speed turn of the wraith. Where the old C-line flies closer to a first run PD (but with an obviously larger rim, just that same beef OS at the end of its flight).

Just picked up a red domey Sexton DD. It's a MONSTER! The thing just eats up the fairway forever! Beefy, but still plenty of glide so with a good snap, they go for a country mile. Lots of discs this overstable (I'm looking at you Prodigy H1/X1) don't like to stay straight and slow down quickly, but the Sexytime DD will stay dead straight for 280'-300' or so before hooking up significantly and skipping like a monster.

Very good stuff.

My thoughts exactly, its like a FAF firebird that only remembers its a FAF firebird after it has been flying a good while. Although I am talking about a JL Crush DD. Pretty much the same, right?

Necro bump. I guess. Anyway. I recently found myself throwing the DD. I bought it in C line to be my "beefy Wraith". So then I happened upon an Sline DD here recently (used). I threw it a few times and instantly felt like this could season into a Wraith like disc (with less fade) so here's my issue I'm working on a simplified bag and I believe I can use one distance driver in multiple stages of wear. Does anyone have any info on how the S line DD seasons? And is it, in your opinion a Viable candidate for a mainstay driver as a cycled disc

Well, funny you mention it. I've been bagging a S DD I got used out of the PIAS bin and it's stout. Extremely hard if not impossible for me to flip over, goes straight and dies fading forward. Doesn't glide great but it's really consistent, just finishes left of center every time without fading really hard or dumpy. It's max weight and I've been wondering about using it for my headwind distance driver and getting a lighter one to see if it's still really HSS but picks up any glide and/or loses LSS.

The S mine I have is 171. Its a little worn and like. you said I can't flip it i force it over a few times and it looked akmost kike it wouldn't come back. But it did and it died without fade just came back to center and began descent I also would like to get a fresh on and a beat to hell one just to see.

I have been cycling S Line DD's since they were initially released. I bought 3 of the first runs back when they came out and I have had at least one in the bag ever since. I currently bag 3 all max weight. I beat two of my original first runs to the point where they will hyzer flip perfectly on hard drives. So it is possible to get them to this point. I also keep one disc in mid-wear state in the bag. This still flies much like you describe above. Finally I try and find an absolute beef cake as the third DD for hard skip shots.

I never beat in my S-line DD too far, but it seemed like the low speed fade was getting beat out of it but the high speed stability remained...at least initially. So it might take a loooong time to beat an S-DD in enough to have much flip.

An older star or new pro Wraith could be the flippy slot while you wait for the DD cycle to mature. They share a wing, so if you're into cycling for the consistent grip feel, Wraith end on a DD cycle is a passable option. (Or the other way around; I know a lot of Wraith throwers like the DD to put an overstable end on the Wraith cycle.)

I never beat in my S-line DD too far, but it seemed like the low speed fade was getting beat out of it but the high speed stability remained...at least initially. So it might take a loooong time to beat an S-DD in enough to have much flip.

An older star or new pro Wraith could be the flippy slot while you wait for the DD cycle to mature. They share a wing, so if you're into cycling for the consistent grip feel, Wraith end on a DD cycle is a passable option. (Or the other way around; I know a lot of Wraith throwers like the DD to put an overstable end on the Wraith cycle.)

I am a Wraith cycler with a DD on the end. LOL. I recently gave my dide. $5 bill for an S line after having thrown the C line as my OS Wraith for a bit. The hand feel of the S line DD.

Yes, I prefer S-line as well.

Used to have no trouble throwing Champ/C-line for wide rimmed drivers. Now the extra grip of Star/S-line just feels so much better. No idea what changed.

But anyway, Wraith cycle with one DD or DD cycle with one Wraith...I don't know which is better or worse. They're the same in my book. Both good options.

However, trying to go exclusively DD without a flippy Wraith will take a while.

Yes, I prefer S-line as well.

Used to have no trouble throwing Champ/C-line for wide rimmed drivers. Now the extra grip of Star/S-line just feels so much better. No idea what changed.

But anyway, Wraith cycle with one DD or DD cycle with one Wraith...I don't know which is better or worse. They're the same in my book. Both good options.

However, trying to go exclusively DD without a flippy Wraith will take a while.

I'm looking into it. Honestly (to me) theyre the same thing with slightly different attributes. Thanks for the input.

I used S-DD two year as a main driver before seeing any turn with 400-425 feet power but still More OS than any wraith I have throw. P-line DD flies closer to wraith as new (at least the two I have) and should cycle much faster so I would recommend to try those if you can find any.

Hi All:

I thought I was the only weirdo who loved DDs (the discs...)!

I just found some of the blizzard/bubble run C-Lines in my stash. Wow, are they stable (the neon yellow, especially).

Just curious for the Wraith/DD users (S-Line/Star): when I throw a 175 S-Line DD and a 175 Star Wraith side-by-side, I see a significant difference in terms of fade and turn. I never saw the S-Line DD be more OS than the Wraith.

As noted, they take forever to beat in. So, I think Monni's idea of using P-Lines to cycle makes the most sense.

But, I also like Grippenripp's idea of "bookending." Sadly, I sold my precious 2nd Run DDs last year so I have these pop tops now that I don't like very much.

Anyone know of a retailer that has a flatter run than this current poppy one? I want to try a flatter S-Line next to a bottom-stamped Star Wraith that I own (pretty flat).

Thanks,
Phishbiscuits

Hi All:

I thought I was the only weirdo who loved DDs (the discs...)!

I just found some of the blizzard/bubble run C-Lines in my stash. Wow, are they stable (the neon yellow, especially).

Just curious for the Wraith/DD users (S-Line/Star): when I throw a 175 S-Line DD and a 175 Star Wraith side-by-side, I see a significant difference in terms of fade and turn. I never saw the S-Line DD be more OS than the Wraith.

As noted, they take forever to beat in. So, I think Monni's idea of using P-Lines to cycle makes the most sense.

But, I also like Grippenripp's idea of "bookending." Sadly, I sold my precious 2nd Run DDs last year so I have these pop tops now that I don't like very much.

Anyone know of a retailer that has a flatter run than this current poppy one? I want to try a flatter S-Line next to a bottom-stamped Star Wraith that I own (pretty flat).

Thanks,
Phishbiscuits

Idk where tonget those the first lne ever I bought was pop top (C line) the. I got the used S line and its not pop. So nice in the hand.

i use a 1st run s-line hybrid plastic dd that is all the way beat and its amazing. the first runs started out really ovrstable and flat and beats into a lazer with hss and not a lot of fade. they are not as far as my wraith but offer more control especially on FH. then a 2nd run c-line dd that is pretty shiny and very reliable in wind. then i have 2 champ glo wraiths, one half beat one new, a fully beat star wraith( hyzer flips, max d with straight finish or slightly right finishing depending on height ) and a freak super understable echo star wraith for a roller or huge sky anny shots. its pretty solid for a driver setup. the newer glo wraight is just there to get beat in and if there is a chance of loosing the 1st run dd. imo you dont have to rock a dd because there are very OS champion wraiths that beat into bombers. but the anny top on the dd feels better FH and provides a lil less turn and a lil less glide which is great for headwinds. im also thinking about adding a p-line dd as a backup for the beat wraith, cause that takes years on a good os star wraith. other than that, a 3rd run pd, s-line pd and a echo s-line dd2 that flies like the beat wraith but with a fade finish. sometimes i will add a c-line dd2 if the course has a huge FH flex hole. i can hit any course in my state with this setup and never not have the disc or be confused on what disc to use. so i highly recomend you check out the pds and dd2s if you already have a faux cycle with the wraith and dd. hybrid=pd, control=wraith, headwind=dd, max d=dd2

honestly thats hard to answer. the 1st s-line hybrids say first run and are pretty easy to identify. they are hybrid plastic with swirls and slightly transparent. all 1st run c-line dd's have the bubbles in the rim i think. i have a nate sexton stamped one and i believe thats the 1st run. the 2nd run c-line i got from the discmania store ( i got all these from there) and it was advertised as 2nd run. they have a tight dome similar to the small logo "disc golf world tour" pdx's. and 2nd run star are the milky creamy star plastic with the histeria stamp. they are beefy, but i lost my only one :(. thats about all i know on dd's.