• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

Anyone thrown the production run c and s lines, and can compare the stability? I saw one of the media partners posts on instagram saying that the C lines were less stable.

For me they are about the same. Same PLH, so usually same results, give or take. Bit I am interested in seeing how they beat in. Im going to play in a very rocky tourney and plan to throw the **** out of one S-CD3 to see what happens.

Anyone thrown the production run c and s lines, and can compare the stability? I saw one of the media partners posts on instagram saying that the C lines were less stable.

For me, the C-line has been more (over)stable. I only have one of each disc, so the sample size is what it is. Also, there's not that much difference between them.

Thanks Guys. If I already have a couple wraiths, would it be worth trying this mold out? I see on the last page there was a claim saying this was a wraith, is there any proof to that? The wraiths I have are already the straighter variants being a pro and an Echostar.

Well never mind, guess I should have read a little more of the thread. Is there not an option to edit my previous post?

CD3

Threw a CD3 for the first time today. C line. 175ish. Very nice, bright, clear plastic.

For a speed 11 its beefy. I was giving it pretty much all the arm I had and wasn't seeing any high speed turn. I also felt like it had marginal glide. Honestly, the CD3 reminded me of a faster Starfire or maybe a Teerex. It wouldn't stay flat for long before wanting to fade. This disc is often compared to a Wraith, but I felt like the CD3 was beefier and had less glide than any Wraith I've thrown.

Good news was, the fade wasn't overly sharp and the disc wasn't dive bombing left horribly. Being that it was flying pretty overstable I was able to dial the disc in pretty quickly in terms of accuracy. It wasn't much affected by wind and flew exactly the same every time I threw it.

Good disc for 375'ish drives. Bad disc for flexing out for big yards.

CD3: 11, 4, 0, 2 (my numbers). I found the disc to have less glide and less high speed turn than the given numbers. Maybe I just have a beefy one here, but this disc is NOT made for noodle arms or beginners.

Threw a CD3 for the first time today. C line. 175ish. Very nice, bright, clear plastic.

For a speed 11 its beefy. I was giving it pretty much all the arm I had and wasn't seeing any high speed turn. I also felt like it had marginal glide. Honestly, the CD3 reminded me of a faster Starfire or maybe a Teerex. It wouldn't stay flat for long before wanting to fade. This disc is often compared to a Wraith, but I felt like the CD3 was beefier and had less glide than any Wraith I've thrown.

Good news was, the fade wasn't overly sharp and the disc wasn't dive bombing left horribly. Being that it was flying pretty overstable I was able to dial the disc in pretty quickly in terms of accuracy. It wasn't much affected by wind and flew exactly the same every time I threw it.

Good disc for 375'ish drives. Bad disc for flexing out for big yards.

CD3: 11, 4, 0, 2 (my numbers). I found the disc to have less glide and less high speed turn than the given numbers. Maybe I just have a beefy one here, but this disc is NOT made for noodle arms or beginners.

It's a C-line, but it does sound like you got a relatively beefy disc compared to other CD3s...

It's a C-line, but it does sound like you got a relatively beefy disc compared to other CD3s...

Yeah, this thing is kind of a pig. It doesn't glide overly well and it isn't very long. Not a horrible disc, but it doesn't really shine. All it wants to do is fade pretty much right out of my hand.

I won't necessarily call it a bad disc, but it wasn't what I was expecting based on the assigned flight numbers.

Is there sharp flashing on it? It definitely sounds like you got a freak, but I've found that the amount of flashing on them can vary greatly. I just recently got a new one to start beating in and it had some pretty sharp flashing and flew fairly OS, but nothing like you're describing. I took the flashing down after a good rub on some concrete teepads and it's flying just slightly OS with a tick of HS turn.

It's funny because your description sounds more like my S-line CD3's. Those things are piggy and seem to be taking FOREVER to break in.

Is there sharp flashing on it? It definitely sounds like you got a freak, but I've found that the amount of flashing on them can vary greatly. I just recently got a new one to start beating in and it had some pretty sharp flashing and flew fairly OS, but nothing like you're describing. I took the flashing down after a good rub on some concrete teepads and it's flying just slightly OS with a tick of HS turn.

It's funny because your description sounds more like my S-line CD3's. Those things are piggy and seem to be taking FOREVER to break in.

No flashing. Disc looks perfectly normal. I'm not sure where this overstability is coming from.

Bit of a stubborn flier. IMO it flew worse than the champ Thunderbird I bag. the CD3 won't hold a flat line as long as the Thunderbird. It wants to fade pretty quickly.

No flashing. Disc looks perfectly normal. I'm not sure where this overstability is coming from.

Bit of a stubborn flier. IMO it flew worse than the champ Thunderbird I bag. the CD3 won't hold a flat line as long as the Thunderbird. It wants to fade pretty quickly.

Sounds a lot like the DD. That thing is pretty overstable as well

I had a Konopiste Open CD3 and got a clear C-CD3 to replace it and had similar results to what you are saying. I wonder if color (ir lack of) matters.

I had a Konopiste Open CD3 and got a clear C-CD3 to replace it and had similar results to what you are saying. I wonder if color (ir lack of) matters.

The CD3 I have is clear blue. I don't know enough about Discmania to have any clue whether color matters in terms of stability.

I might not have read enough pages here but, should i be surprise to find the CD3 barely less stable than the DD (both brand new swirly-S)?
It did exactly what i expected, like Flow i could really crank up without getting notable turn, except the 25' flare skip when it lands (DD landed och the same spot 330' away but flared even further).

So to the point, which CD3 flies like a beat in Swirly-S CD3? Or, a DD beat in twice. :D

People gave up on the CD3? I really like it, as if the DS snuck of and was intimate with a Flow.

I assume it is of little interest but i went to my local store and was delighted to find one last S-cd3 with shoulders and a flat top! I asked to check in the back and went through 10 new S-CD3 which all hade more or less pop in the top.

Did anyone compare a CD3 and a DD with the same turn resistency? Are they designed for completely different lines and therefore the CD3 is not a beat in DD but rather a beat in PDx?

Did anyone compare a CD3 and a DD with the same turn resistency? Are they designed for completely different lines and therefore the CD3 is not a beat in DD but rather a beat in PDx?

It's literally a Wraith. I don't mean flies like one-it is one.