• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

Update: got my S-line CD3 yesterday. Almost translucent, champy-star-like, 162g, looks and feels good.

I took it to the course along with my 157g Champion Tern, 165g Champ Mamba, 163g Neutron Wave. Weather was sunny and COLD, and there was no one on the course, so I could make comparison throws. There was noticeable wind, with occasional gusts that made the trees move.

The S-Line CD3 performed well for me. It held well into the wind, and did very well downwind, as well. On a number of throws it went as far as the Tern, and did well vs. the Wave.

Side note: the Mamba did very well going downwind, but into the wind it turned over and kept turning over. Which is one big reason I bag the Tern instead of the Mamba.

The S-CD3 will continue to get work, and my hope is that I can disc down to it as my main driver, and use a Champ Tern for throws into headwinds. Mine is a very nice disc.

Only my visual observation. If either part is different, I cannot see it.

I was looking at my Star TL3 and S-Line FD. I can't see much difference in them, either; maybe the TL3's underside is a tad more concave, but the tops look the same. YMMV on that. But they don't fly the same. And that's my experience with the CD3 vs. the Wraith... Wraith fades more for me...

I can only post what I find on here because I am really pretty ignorant when it comes to the mold pieces. I posted this earlier in the thread:

From some older posts:

Quote:
Monster, Starfire, (Old Mold, maybe new mold too)Beast, And maybe the Orc share the same tops.
Quote:
I believe starfires and wraiths share the same top, as the the OLF. I think Discgolfsweden has some information on this.

So is a S-line CD3 flippy? or Beast-like ? I am looking for a disc around the speed 11 range that's easier to grip and throw for avg-most drives, I was thinking of bustin' out the old Wraiths but always like trying something new, is the CD3 wraith-like or....whats ya'lls take on it?

It's more than Wraith-like. It's Wraith.

Yoooo, it sounds like this thing has a Wraith bottom wing (maybe) but certainly a different top, just like all the other Discmania frankenmolds. :wall:

Yoooo, it sounds like this thing has a Wraith bottom wing (maybe) but certainly a different top, just like all the other Discmania frankenmolds. :wall:
Certainly? Hmmm, I can't go with certainly. It's definitely not that hideous disgusting anhyzer top.

So is a S-line CD3 flippy? or Beast-like ? I am looking for a disc around the speed 11 range that's easier to grip and throw for avg-most drives, I was thinking of bustin' out the old Wraiths but always like trying something new, is the CD3 wraith-like or....whats ya'lls take on it?

Not flippy for me, but I'm a noodle arm. I'd say the CD3 is more like the Krait than the Wraith, especially with respect to the fade. Try the Krait along with the CD3 (if you haven't tried a Krait already).

Not flippy for me, but I'm a noodle arm. I'd say the CD3 is more like the Krait than the Wraith, especially with respect to the fade. Try the Krait along with the CD3 (if you haven't tried a Krait already).

Oh good grief no.

Latest posts