• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

Update: just got my C-Line CD3 in the mail. Have not had a chance to throw it as some weather is passing through for a few days. But I did do a visual comparison of the C-CD3 with my Champion Krait. No pictures yet (will work on that), but the Krait has a "flat" underside rim reminiscent of the L-series discs, while the CD3 is a bit more convex with an "overhang" top rim similar to the FL and Sexton FB.

I'll go out on a limb and guess the CD3 will be more overstable than the Krait. I look forward to some side-by-side flight comparisons when the weather lets up.

Update: got a break in the weather and the range had drained well and was in good condition, so I got some test throws in. Among other discs, I took my C-Line CD3 (168g), Star Wraith (162g), and McBeth 3x Champion Krait (160g).

The C-Line CD3 felt good in the hand and it flies pretty well. It was not overly overstable and even had a bit of turn. It also had a very reliable fade that was somewhere between the Krait's dump fade and the Wraith's long if not skippy fade. Not a bad disc at all, and I think an S-Line CD3 will be a real distance grabber. The C-CD3 outflew the Wraith, and I think if it were in a low 160s weight it would've gotten even more distance than it did. Good disc; I like it.

The Wraith flew pretty well for me, though assuredly overstable and often had a big skip when it landed. It did not fly as far as the CD3 nor Krait for me.

The Krait was kinda sorta only 160g and I've had it a while, so I was not surprised that it was the distance winner among the three, with a slight turn and a dump fade for an overall nice, straight shot. If I had to say a disc gives me "easy distance", it would be this disc.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the day of the S-Line CD3 to see what it can and will do, but in the meantime I'll work with the C-CD3 some more and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Ok I'm officially mad at myself for not getting a membership even though most of the discs I wouldn't have thrown that is one that I definately would've along with the FD and a couple others.

Disc of the month from Infinite's vip club

I didn't want to post a spoiler for any club members who have not received theirs yet, but yes. Max Weight S-CD3s with a "Bear on a Forest Throne" Stamp. I'm going to rip the **** out of this today! :D

(might try to throw a quick dye on it first, I hate dayglow discs)

I am officially a fan of this mold. Finally got a chance to put one of these through its paces last night. As an avid DD/Wraith thrower, I can dig a mold that flies like a seasoned version of the two mentioned. No more having to cruise ebay or the market place to find broken versions of C-Line DD's or Champ Wraith's. Now I can grab a CD3 and be good to go.

It's kinda rainy and gross out here this afternoon... Wind was up enough to not really get a great overall impression, but I'm still loving this S-CD3. When the wind settled for a minute, it got EXACTLY the flight I'd expect. Matching the numbers identically. In wind, I was bouncing up and down so much it was hard to tell, but I'm even more excited to get out in some better weather later this week.

Wow. Just wow.

Took the C-CD3 and other discs to the course as bad weather was just approaching. On select holes, I threw the CD3 into the wind (and some crosswinds). Especially on a long downhill hole straight into the wind, the C-CD3 did awesome! It held the wind nicely, and the CD3 landed within 10 feet of my Metal Flake Lucid Sheriff. Admittedly downhiil, but I was stoked with that throw(!).

Threw the CD3 on some other occasions. On one hole that is wide open and with a slight tailwind, I emptied my bag. The C-CD3 outdistanced my Tern, the Sheriff, and the River (which ran a huge glide and got down to where the others were).

On the next hole, with bad boy clouds rolling in and a disc-hungry OB lake to the left, I threw the CD3 only. It landed where I normally get my Tern to. If this keeps up, and if the S-Line CD3s are even bigger bombers, then I've got new discs to bag.

I'll test some more, but for right now, the CD3 goes into the bag as "awesome". :thmbup:

Well, Discmania just posted mystery boxes on their store. They say, quote, "* One Mystery disc that has yet to be released in each box."

So, I'm betting it's the S-CD3 since they already ran some for the Infinite VIP Club. It could be the MD4, but I suspect that if you want an S-Line CD3, this will be your first chance.