• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte Amateur Championship A-Tier June 19-20

Weak on dropping Renny. The reasoning for not doing it wasn't very valid either. Unless they know that no one will sign up between now and the event. Also where are all the NC Ladies for this one? Their entry fee is half the mens rec even. There was supposedly a women's meetup there in Charlotte, but one FW1 from there?

I have only played a few tournaments and my player rating is 850. This would put me as a Rec player. My question is this. If I play rec will I be playing with players who all walk through their putts and don't even use a mini to mark their lie? Or will they actually play by the rules?

It's up to you to enforce the rules in your group. In a PDGA tournament all players should abide by all rules, especially in an A-tier "championship" caliber event.

I have only played a few tournaments and my player rating is 850. This would put me as a Rec player. My question is this. If I play rec will I be playing with players who all walk through their putts and don't even use a mini to mark their lie? Or will they actually play by the rules?

If that bothers you, i would not play rec. MA2 can still even be bad about it. I know a lot of people that have decided they'd rather donate in MA2 than deal with teaching class in MA3. Especially at an A-tier

No renny is crazy. I find it to be poor planning in advance. I have still not heard any good information on the decision. I love charlotte courses, and renny fits with the other 3 courses. reedy is nowhere close and doesn't fit in with the nest, nevin and elong.

they changed it back to renny after many players spoke out on the decision.:hfive: so if you live close enough to charlotte, sign up and play some of our finer courses