• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Prodigy bet big on future growth during the pandemic boom and (re)signed players offering generous contracts. Now, being somewhat strapped for cash as sales didn't follow expectations, they're trying to retain Isaac and Ezra. My second hand source told me that it was Prodigy that approached Innova about buying out their contract with KJ.

The part that amazed me the most is that in a Finnish podcast Väinö confirmed that the Innova deal pays more than the Prodigy one from COVID times.

His performance has dropped as have the global disc sales, so how does this make sense for Innova?

The part that amazed me the most is that in a Finnish podcast Väinö confirmed that the Innova deal pays more than the Prodigy one from COVID times.

His performance has dropped as have the global disc sales, so how does this make sense for Innova?
More than one way to define "pay"- my guess would be that he has higher incentives but lower monthly check.

More than one way to define "pay"- my guess would be that he has higher incentives but lower monthly check.
True.

In his own words, he wasn't going to accept a deal that was worse than his previous one. Could mean plenty of things ofc, but getting a "better" deal in any sense seems like a stretch at this point.

Remember those oblong green monstrosities Prodigy sold as their first mold? All of them were overweight and not a single one I saw was actually round. The plastic was shit too, amazed they pulled it together but the pro-driven marketing (instead of making good discs) worked for a while.

The rest of the field got better. Marketing wise, however. It makes sense because the value Innova will get in return makes whatever Prodigy could no longer afford with him worth it.