• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Vaino Makela has been dropped from Prodigy. Damn. The purge continues. He is a favorite amongst the other players on tour.
Discmania would probably be just fine with gaining ANOTHER (past-tense) Prodigy player.
There should be two more coming. Especially after watching those painful (design flaw) spit throughs the one brother received.

Lots of chatter that Prodigy will be sold (or majority stake) to HoD soon. Europe seems to be their best focus going forward, but the Vaino thing doesn't seem to align with that.

A guy I know was at Ymergården, the site of the Swedish Open, today spectating the practice rounds, ran into Väinö and had a little chat. Väinö wouldn't say who he has signed with, there will be an announcement on friday. It looked like he was practice putting with Aviars however.

Without the Paju family investing in Prodigy Europe, I don't think they would have made it this far. The Covid boom surely made a difference, but not sure they would make it to 2020 without Seppu.

Looks like Prodigy is hell-bent on proving the $1.5 million in lost revenue and the "without a high profile PGDA athlete under contract" claim they tossed out when they sued GB back in '23.

The question is whether it's worthwhile for these companies to give contracts to players who are neither winning nor regularly on lead cards. When sales grew dramatically during Covid alot of players were given contracts. The companies should have enough data now to determine who moves plastic and who doesn't. Prodigy may just be the canary in the coal mine.

The question is whether it's worthwhile for these companies to give contracts to players who are neither winning nor regularly on lead cards. When sales grew dramatically during Covid alot of players were given contracts. The companies should have enough data now to determine who moves plastic and who doesn't. Prodigy may just be the canary in the coal mine.
In general I agree with you, but I don't if winning/being on lead card translates to higher disc sales. Otherwise, one could look at the folks who are usually outside of the top 20 and wonder why they're sponsored at all.

In general I agree with you, but I don't if winning/being on lead card translates to higher disc sales. Otherwise, one could look at the folks who are usually outside of the top 20 and wonder why they're sponsored at all.
We can only speculate as the sales and contracts aren't public knowledge, but performance oriented contracts with only small guarantees would seem to make the most sense for the manufacturers.

Latest posts