• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte - Where to Stay (or better yet Avoid!)

looks good. If you are that concerned, just PM a local before you reserve your room. There are good places in your "sketchy" zone and sketchy places in your "good" zone.

Psssh...just man up and stay as close to Sugaw as you can find. Where's your sense of adventure?

Psssh...just man up and stay as close to Sugaw as you can find. Where's your sense of adventure?

I've never really worried to much about it until seeing the numerous warnings about a month ago concerning a hotel near Sugaw. Was wondering "can it really be that bad", Looks like lots of options so should get this done tonight.

If you choose a hotel that puts your morning commute in the same direction as rush hour traffic you might end up regretting it. (Par plus 4 per hole missed) The huge benefit of staying downtown is that your morning commutes are automatically in the opposite direction of rush hour bumper to bumper traffic.

Just got update from Blake Hotel, they had an issue with the system and it has been fixed. Attendees also have the option of calling 888-664-6835 should they have problems with internet booking.

Just got update from Blake Hotel, they had an issue with the system and it has been fixed. Attendees also have the option of calling 888-664-6835 should they have problems with internet booking.

thanks, it does indeed now show availability when using the code "1468"

On the 5th, my family stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in Matthews which was 10 minutes from Killborne and 20 from Eastway, Elon or Sugaw Creek.
Cons: No free breakfast, a bit further from the courses
Pros: Fridge/microwave, clean rooms.
Got a great price through Priceline (I bid $70)
Courtyard by Marriott

Traffic on Indedpendence and around Matthews is nasty. What is a 15 minute drive on Saturday is 45 minutes during rush hour.