• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheap Salomons

unkindnessofcrows

Par Member
Anyone know of an online store that has cheap mens Salomons? Want to try some this season. thanks.

Sierra Trading Post
Campmor

I got 2 pairs at REI Outlet, but it doesn't appear they currently have any.

If you live near an Any Mountain check there. The clearance rack at the one by my house was made up almost entirely of Salomons.
That's the only place I've ever seen Salomons on sale. Good luck.

If you keep checking, every now and then there's a good sale on them on Amazon. Just checked and you can get them down to about $114 for the XA Pro 3D GTX (Goretex)...depending on color/size selected. That's a great price for the GTX version.

I bought two pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras at Shoebacca.com and spent $200 total. Try there!

Another site that has awesome trail and hike shoes on sale a lot is The Clymb. It's one of those member only sites, but I was able to grab a nice waterproof pair of Teva light trails and some Salomons. They also have Montrail, Scarpa, Adidas, Inov8, Vasque, on sale right now. Many with GTX liners for waterproofing.

I know this thread is old, but I just picked up some Salomon X Tour for $90. These are great, lightweight shoes that I happened to notice a LOT of players at the Memorial were wearing.

I just got my new Solomon XA 3D Pro GTX's and today was my first day wearing them.
Two rounds later the sole is flapping on my pivot heel!!
I wanted to try a lighter shoe this year, been using Oboz Firebrand IIs and getting a year out if them. I was skeptical I the Solomon's, but I didn't think they'd be this flimsy!
They felt great, but $150 pair of shoes ruined!
If I'd have known I'd have kept them for casual use, cause they look great!
Anyone else have this experience??

Sign up on Sierra Trading Posts email list or like their facebook page. They always post 30-35% off and $1 or free shipping. I bought my Synapse's from them for $65.
Also check your local Marshall's for cheap ones.
Salomon has a 2yr. warranty on there shoes and are easy to deal with on returning them for a new pair. My friend tore a hole in one of his after a couple months and they just told him to send them back and they sent him a new pair.

I just got my new Solomon XA 3D Pro GTX's and today was my first day wearing them.
Two rounds later the sole is flapping on my pivot heel!!
I wanted to try a lighter shoe this year, been using Oboz Firebrand IIs and getting a year out if them. I was skeptical I the Solomon's, but I didn't think they'd be this flimsy!
They felt great, but $150 pair of shoes ruined!
If I'd have known I'd have kept them for casual use, cause they look great!
Anyone else have this experience??

In my experience Solomons are not durable (or cheap). They're absolutely excellent shoes by every metric except durability. I seem to be harder on shoes than the average person though.

That being said there's no way they should've fallen apart that fast. Take them back to the retailer for exchange or refund. If you don't get anywhere with them contact Salomon directly. You got a bad shoe and they need to make it right.