• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chicago. Players in city own baskets.

Putbuckinpot

Looking for players in the city with their own portable baskets. I'm wanting to set up temperary courses (3-4 holes) in city parks for practice during weeknights. Interested? Post here.

I'm not going to be around all that much until the end of August, but I have two portable baskets and it could be fun to set up some temp courses.

I have 2 baskets - a Skilshot & a Discatcher (it is kind of big & heavy and takes a little effort to take apart and get it into the trunk). Due to family commitments it might be hard for me to get away most of the time, but if anyone wants to borrow them, they can feel free to PM me.

I've been checking out a park at foster and Pulaski. Gompers park I believe? Enter on Pulaski. Wednesday the 18th 5-6ish till dark. Will that work for anyone? Thanks for the response.

How about Millenium/Grant Parks. Tee off from the snake bridge?
IMG_1362-BP-Bridge-Millennium-Park-Chicago-.JPG

Mando around the fountain?
grant-park.jpg

I've been checking out a park at foster and Pulaski. Gompers park I believe? Enter on Pulaski. Wednesday the 18th 5-6ish till dark. Will that work for anyone? Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure any of the baskets would be safe at Gompers if left unattended for more than 5-10 minutes. :\

I suggest Montrose Harbor.

I think it's a realistic place to try to get a course installed...also I am basketless. Sold mine to a penquin.

I'm open to any location suggestions. Just trying to get something organized. Its hard to find a park that's not over ran with other sports in the summer. Montrose is a good start.

I suggest Montrose Harbor.

I think it's a realistic place to try to get a course installed...also I am basketless. Sold mine to a penquin.

Do you think the park district would consider baskets on the stick golf course or were you referring to the area north of the harbor?

It would be fun to try out some of the designs for this park (in Lombard) that DGCR collaborate on in this thread

Of course, I would want to try out my design (raises hand.......oooo choose me, oooo choose me). :D

attachment.php

Starting with something like that where you already have a layout in mind wouldn't be a bad idea.

Do you think the park district would consider baskets on the stick golf course or were you referring to the area north of the harbor?

I was thinking the non ball golf course land. There is plenty of room to create something and still avoid picnicing and boats. Enough trees and water to make it interesting.

I don't have a contact anymore in the park district. They may be willing but I'd probably reach out and suggest a different place incase they say no. Then you could go rogue where you really want or change locations.

I would also find that thread on Milwaukee doing the same thing at a park on here. I'd look for it but my boss gave two people the day off today. :(

Last edited:
How about Millenium/Grant Parks. Tee off from the snake bridge?
IMG_1362-BP-Bridge-Millennium-Park-Chicago-.JPG

Mando around the fountain?
grant-park.jpg

That might be the most bad a$$ park I have ever seen! I build city parks for a living down here in Texas and we have nothing like that. I would wet my pants if something like that came up to bid down here. Any idea how much it cost? I could only guess upwards of 3-400 million.