• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ching strategy. crazy new basket.

the wrist

Par Member
http://ching.us.com/access/news-and-events.html

I don't know what to thing about it. Might be good as a third or fourth basket... something to play around with, but I don't know about playing a whole course with nothing but these.

They should have used chains instead of the net. It just won't be the same with out the sound of metal chains. I mean hell.... their name Is CHING not shwoosh.

The Wrist said:
http://ching.us.com/access/news-and-events.html

I don't know what to thing about it. Might be good as a third or fourth basket... something to play around with, but I don't know about playing a whole course with nothing but these.

They should have used chains instead of the net. It just won't be the same with out the sound of metal chains. I mean hell.... their name Is CHING not shwoosh.

I thought it was discs we were using not basketballs!!

I'd like to play using this target style as it would make one's approach shot decisions a bit more interesting than "anywhere in a 10m+ radius". The problem lies in the fact that most courses are in public areas and this design could be all too easily vandalized. A chain net would help deter vandalism but they would also need to use a heavier support tubing. So far as the auditory gratification of disc hitting chains, perhaps they could put a ringer along the lines of a miniature tone pole up where the flag is.

As a person who doesn't loft putt, I would have problems with this basket unless it is adjusted to be vertical.

But people! This retro-nouveau basket offers unparalleled putting challenges! :lol: Seriously it seems like crap I could build in the backyard.

This looks silly, don't like it. I keep trying to think of ways to justify even liking the idea, and im drawing blanks. Baddd baddddddd

I especially hate the crooked and sloppy appearance. Worst idea yet this year!

homebrew said:
Seems like it might be worthwhile for putting accuracy, like throwing a football through a tire.

Doesn't Gateway already make a basket for that? It's chains are really narrow and all that.

Frank Delicious said:
homebrew said:
Seems like it might be worthwhile for putting accuracy, like throwing a football through a tire.

Doesn't Gateway already make a basket for that? It's chains are really narrow and all that.

Gateway's version actually represented a basket with a smaller target area...This thing is like digging a hole in the ground. I think they bought some failed toy from China for a super discount and are selling them to us as DG equipment.

Hey check it out! I can practice putting on the Ching Strategy Home Office Edition!!!!

trash-can.jpg

riverboy said:
...it seems like crap I could build in the backyard.

That pretty much applies to any DG baskets for me. Having an excess of time combined with a lack of disposable income (or any income for that matter atm) and being able to weld may color my opinion somewhat though. Though way in the minority, I'm still of the opinion the Ching basket could be fun. That's not anywhere near saying I'd pay cash money for one.