• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clammy/Sweaty Hands

I had a birdie bag, but didn't like the mess it made. Recently I have just been rubbing dirt around the teebox. Your hand can get pretty nasty after a round. I usually wash off and deal with it. Biggest gripe is that dirt transfer to my bag straps, which in turn stain my shirts. I'm interested in the chucker's chalk but feel it will probably be the same situation. Might try a rosin bag, haven't thought about that.

being prerubed is a great feeling, it gives you all the information one could want, without having to actually look for it lol.

As one that has been prerubed, I completely agree.

I found a bottle of Gold Bond powder once when I was playing. I've tried it before, but I'm sure it would still leave a "film" like other powders.

Has anyone tried climbing chalk?

Yes, I carry a climbing chalk bag attached to my Grip bag (no pun intended). I rarely get sweaty hands, but when I do, the climbing chalk works perfectly.

I hold a towel and use a birdie bag. It works pretty good for me and I sweat like crazy. Pretty sure the video of me playing blockhouse you can see dust plumes on some of my throws.

Today, I'm going with full sized bath towels and sweat bands. Last round was a disaster after #10. A shame too because I had a great round going. This is my first full summer to play, and am just not used to throwing while so wet.

Yesterday I went out throwing,it was hot and humid and it didn't take long for my hands to get sweaty.I used Walmart "foot powder".It say's it keeps feet dry,so I thought why not hands.It worked(the main ingredient is talcum powder and baking soda)it dried my hands and didn't have any negative effect on my grip.The cost was one dollar for a can.

i figured i would give an update.

Tite Grip from the Disc Golf Store is working awesome. I get longer then 4-6 hours of relief (what bottle says). I do rinse off the leftover residue after applying to my hands. definitely reccomend this to anyone with the sweaty hands issue.
Also, started using the Birdie Bag in conjunction with this and that residue build up does not happen.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Tite Grip! Gotta Go Gotta Throw has some for $7! It's supposed to last like 4 hours or something. I was there and the guy let me test it out...it works well!

/edit

Haha nevermind! I should've read all the posts...

Last edited:
Dont be a dumbass and buy a gimmicky DG chalk like the "birdie bag"

Grab a giant bag of climbing chalk like this for way cheaper. Does the same thing. If its good enough to hold onto rocks when fearing for my life, it can deal with the nervousness of a putt.

http://www.bentgate.com/shop/metoli...0cm00cm06027&gclid=COzE6vruxbgCFe1_QgodYykAyg

You're right, it's definitely a dumbass move to hate the feeling of chalk on your hands and use something like a birdie bag that dries your hands without leaving that residue... :rolleyes:

Okay, nrhian, you apparently need clarification and calibration.
Chucker's Chalk, is just that. Chalk. Get a bag of metolius, black diamond, or whatever, same thing. Chucker's Chalk is a DG company, and some people like to support that.

A birdie bag is completly different. Its a cotton bag filled with sawdust, meant to absorb moisture.

Don't be a douche.
And if you're fearing for you life, you shouldn't be on that route you idiot.

You're right, it's definitely a dumbass move to hate the feeling of chalk on your hands and use something like a birdie bag that dries your hands without leaving that residue... :rolleyes:

:hfive:

You are obviously all DUMBASSES, because I don't have sweaty hands. It's pretty stupid to me to have sweaty hands.