• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Climo vs Schultz : Can we set up a winner take all Match ???

discrat

Anyone ever considered this ?? A duel between the Champ and the current best player in the World ?? We got a sweet course here at Victor Ashe Park in Knoxville,Tn. that would be a perfect setting for a match play btwn these two guys. Lets say we make it a take alll or nothing match. The winner gets 50k and the loser nothing. Except paid flight, meals, and lodging for the event.

Make it a two day event with a total of four rounds. We got the course in Knoxville which is long and technical.

Lets put this show together. How about it Blake and DGR ?? This would raise the public level of our game to unbelievably new heights. How do we get in touch with Climo and Schultzes people ?? And would you guys here pay 5 to 10 bucks to watch these legends duel for 50K ???

So I say why not ???

you offering the $50k?

from what i know of the risk aversion of pro disc golfers, i'm not sure a $50k vs. $0 would really fly for them. a $35k vs. $15k is more feasible.

it really wouldn't be hard to track down the competitors if this kind of money was out there. finding a challenging course that is also spectator friendly, centrally located, and near lodging/accomodations/airports is harder.

what risk playing for 50 or 0, all they have to lose if they arent forking up the cash is their rep? I would play in a million free tourneys that only paid out 1st.

Yeah I thought about putting up a ratio of maybe 35k to 15k for these two guys. But you know what if each are really confident in themselves and each thinks they are the best in the World then they would not back down from a challenge like this.
At least the loser would get everything paid for including Lodge, flight, and food. Plus on top of that throw in a three day stipend worth $200 a day on top of this.
To make it worth while.

But the atmosphere for a all or nothing event would be exhillerating. Each shot would test the nerves of these two great players. And the tension would mount for each passing Hole. The Course is a GREAT spectator Course in Knoxville.

I like it. Lets contiue talking about this some more 8)

in most DG events when there is a tie players will split the winnings evenly and playoff for official standings/trophies.

with the payouts as they are in DG, you could probably lure players in with a purse of more like $5k and $1.5k.

discrat said:
Anyone ever considered this ?? A duel between the Champ and the current best player in the World ?? We got a sweet course here at Victor Ashe Park in Knoxville,Tn. that would be a perfect setting for a match play btwn these two guys. Lets say we make it a take alll or nothing match. The winner gets 50k and the loser nothing. Except paid flight, meals, and lodging for the event.

Make it a two day event with a total of four rounds. We got the course in Knoxville which is long and technical.

Lets put this show together. How about it Blake and DGR ?? This would raise the public level of our game to unbelievably new heights. How do we get in touch with Climo and Schultzes people ?? And would you guys here pay 5 to 10 bucks to watch these legends duel for 50K ???

So I say why not ???

Sorry but Schultz isn't #1 in the worlds right now. He's only won 1 event this year and his rating will probably be slipping. He's also a big Crybaby

http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/ken.html

VS.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/barry.html

Would be one of the greatest matchups ever! But Berry has been doing better than Ken lately. :roll:

I vote that Berry would win.

P.S. 35k and 15k sound fair to me and I would pay $5.00 to see them in action.

scoot_er said:
discrat said:

So I say why not ???

Sorry but Schultz isn't #1 in the worlds right now. He's only won 1 event this year and his rating will probably be slipping. He's also a big Crybaby

Do I sense a tinge of jealousy here for someone who is NOT even currently rated in the Top 80 in the World ?? :wink:

Just because Schultz came in last year and stole your State Championship doesnt mean you have a right to start name calling :roll:

I suggest you concentrate on your own game and maybe someday you might be among the top 3 players in your state :shock:

P.S. Yes, these two players are rated 1 and 2 in the World right now. And cry baby or not, these two players are the only ones in the World who people would actually pay to see play a disc golf match in this format !!
They are the ambassadors of the sport unlike some Texas little league wannna be :p

4 rounds might be too much. I'd expect the statistics to catch up to them and for Ken to win that one. Ratingswise they've both been stable over the last year and Ken has been higher. If it were just one round, then it might be more interesting. There's more of an "anything can happen" vibe, but once you get into the multiple round format a consistantly higher rated player (even if it's less than half a stroke per round) has a bigger chance to win.

Scoot_er, I'm not sure if you're aware, but one sponsored pro badmouthing another is bad form and makes you look childish and unprofessional.

You can see this matchup on the 2003 USDGC dvd. Klimo and Schultz in sudden death playoff holes. Pretty cool video and matchup.

K-Dog 19 said:
http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/ken.html

VS.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/barry.html

Would be one of the greatest matchups ever! But Berry has been doing better than Ken lately. :roll:

I vote that Berry would win.

P.S. 35k and 15k sound fair to me and I would pay $5.00 to see them in action.
I wouldn't pick Berry or Barry.

if it were 35 and 15, why would anyone in their right mind not (if its a true 1v1) all you have to do is play some DG for $15,000?

garublador said:
Scoot_er, I'm not sure if you're aware, but one sponsored pro badmouthing another is bad form and makes you look childish and unprofessional.

I didn't know Scoot_er was sponsored, good for him.

i would def. pay $5 for this matchup. more importantly where will the prize money come from, and would it be useful to have an auxilery event going on kinda like an undercard for boxing

DG needs a Skins Game.

Money is won one each hole, and the only thing that counts is that hole. Holes can be halved with ties.

This type of format promotes aggressive play.

garublador said:
4 rounds might be too much. I'd expect the statistics to catch up to them and for Ken to win that one. Ratingswise they've both been stable over the last year and Ken has been higher. If it were just one round, then it might be more interesting. There's more of an "anything can happen" vibe, but once you get into the multiple round format a consistantly higher rated player (even if it's less than half a stroke per round) has a bigger chance to win.

So Barry spitting on another guys disc is ok? BTW he has done it more than once and I was just calling it like I saw it.

He used to be an awesome guy on the course and even won the Bob Wext sportsmanship award but now he is an azz.

Kenny on the otherhand is a cool guy all around and would spank Schultz.

Latest posts