• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Climo vs Schultz : Can we set up a winner take all Match ???

I would def. be interested in seeing something like that. There is a lot of things you would have to figure out. Such as where the 50k is coming from, when and where. I would think they would both need to agree on a course and time. I do like the winner take all idea. Makes it more exciting

Bruce said:
scoot_er said:
So spitting on another guys disc isn't disrespectful? Well here that isn't consistant with our "Southern Hospitality" and we consider that to be pretty bad.

Clearly you've never felt any of his behaviour bad enough to warrant a courtesy violation as provided for by the rules.

If you choose to ignore that kind of behaviour at the time, you have no right to go bad mouthing the guy afterwards.

I didn't ignore! I was trying to get out of the way and wasn't told about it until two holes after.

scoot_er said:
So spitting on another guys disc isn't disrespectful? Well here that isn't consistant with our "Southern Hospitality" and we consider that to be pretty bad.

Well, sure it is... if somebody spit on my disc "on purpose", they would get some spit back, but not on the disc. I would say the face would be my chosen spot.

I just don't see Barry Shultz walking over and deliberately spitting on a guy's disc in front of God and everyone "on purpose", even though I will acknowledge that it could have happened.

I can see that top players will have temper tantrums. As long as it is self directed, and not over the top, I do not see that making a player a whiner or a poor sport.

I think that they guys that are constantly commenting on your throws in derogatory manner, using gamesmanship at every chance, and generally talking shit all the time are the guys that need to be monitored. If you want to get mad at yourself, I am fine with that.

There is no room for poor sports in DG. The way to make sure this improves IS TO CALL PEOPLE ON IT AND POINT IT OUT.

Bradley Walker said:
IS TO CALL PEOPLE ON IT AND POINT IT OUT.

Only at the time it happens, though. Drudging other compeditors' names through the mud afterwards is also bad sportsmanship and needs to stop, too. This is disc golf, not politics. ;)

I'm not a moderator, admin or any of that, but I do think this is an incredible message board. I really don't like seeing mud slinging going on here, especally when it's about people who aren't here to defend themselves. I like to think I'm posing on a disc golf message board, not a gossip filled tabloid forum.

Bradley Walker said:
I think that they guys that are constantly commenting on your throws in derogatory manner, using gamesmanship at every chance, and generally talking shit all the time are the guys that need to be monitored. If you want to get mad at yourself, I am fine with that.

I think that's key right there. It is unrealistic to expect every one - even the best players - to display nothing but the pinnacle of sportsmanship at all times. There're maybe one or two touring pros that appear to be capable of staying positive the whole time.

Spitting aside, someone may construe someone getting upset with themselves and cursing at themselves as a sign of poor sportsmanship. I would disagree. As great a sport as this is, it isn't the happy panacea some would like it to be at all times, and that's OK. It is still a competition, and these things happen.

Anyway, I'd gladly pay to see these two play.

garublador said:
Bradley Walker said:

Only at the time it happens, though. Drudging other compeditors' names through the mud afterwards is also bad sportsmanship and needs to stop, too. This is disc golf, not politics. ;)

I'm not a moderator, admin or any of that, but I do think this is an incredible message board. I really don't like seeing mud slinging going on here, especally when it's about people who aren't here to defend themselves. I like to think I'm posing on a disc golf message board, not a gossip filled tabloid forum.

Especially if you got the information second hand. That is just gossip.

Bradley Walker said:
garublador said:
Bradley Walker said:

Especially if you got the information second hand. That is just gossip.

Well the majority of the card saw it and it DID happen. Next time I guess I will just go ahead and forget everything I have see from him and say what a great sport he is.

there is the players cup incident as well... tisk tisk, people are watching

Blake_T said:
scooter:

somtimes it's better to just STFU.

myspace-comment-friday-damn.jpg

Blake_T said:
scooter:

you don't always have to have the last word.

somtimes it's better to just STFU.

Or not considering everyone always gives Barry the benefit of the doubt on everything just because of who he is. Everyone defends him because he is Barry Schultz instead of stepping back and wondering if he really is a good representative of our sport.

KENNY IS THE MAN AND WOULD PACIFY BARRY.

Scooter, your use of absolutes such as "everyone" hurts your credibility.

Not "everyone" thinks BS is perfect and not "everyone" gives him a free pass. Don't count me in your "everyone" group I base my opinions of others largely on what I witness and experience. I have witnessed enough not to give him a free pass. Painting people, groups or situations with a broad brush is unwise.

scoot_er said:
Or not considering everyone always gives Barry the benefit of the doubt on everything just because of who he is.

This is valid. You could also say that he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he has EARNED it... because he is Barry Shultz and has a lot of history.

I met Barry twice.

The first time was at a sub shop between rounds. He was very, very pleasant, and did not have to be.

The second time I followed him at Cedar Hill. He seemed to be extremely pleasant to play with and was very vocal to congratulate others on good shots, putts, birdies, etc. He did get mad once when HE threw a bad shot. He cussed himself out and stomped around, all self directed.

Then he went back to being pleasant.

He seemed to be upset at Z Boaz, I think he was playing like shit. I am not sure if he spit on anything though...

we are all human are we not? To sit back and say no way this or that could not have happened is humorous. We all get upset, tempers flare do we not?

Bradley Walker said:
scoot_er said:
Or not considering everyone always gives Barry the benefit of the doubt on everything just because of who he is.

This is valid. You could also say that he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he has EARNED it... because he is Barry Shultz and has a lot of history.

I met Barry twice.

The first time was at a sub shop between rounds. He was very, very pleasant, and did not have to be.

The second time I followed him at Cedar Hill. He seemed to be extremely pleasant to play with and was very vocal to congratulate others on good shots, putts, birdies, etc. He did get mad once when HE threw a bad shot. He cussed himself out and stomped around, all self directed.

Then he went back to being pleasant.

He seemed to be upset at Z Boaz, I think he was playing like shit. I am not sure if he spit on anything though...

Hey Brad it happened at Cedar Hill! Anyway i am done and should have been a while back but found it funny that many people go out of thier way to defend Barry on many issues but tried to make Cam look worse.

matchu said:
we are all human are we not? To sit back and say no way this or that could not have happened is humorous. We all get upset, tempers flare do we not?

I bet if the Dali Llama played Disc Golf and threw drive after drive into a tree or had multiple bad shots in a row he may even get a bit upset. :wink:

If George Bush played Disc Golf and threw drive after drive into a tree he would probably give some coorperate giant a contract to have all the trees removed off the course and have the baskets placed in the normal location of his drives.

kvanorsdel said:
I bet if the Dali Llama played Disc Golf and threw drive after drive into a tree or had multiple bad shots in a row he may even get a bit upset. :wink:

You asked for it:

Carl said:
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Bradley Walker said:

It's a pretty big tree. I've been watching the masters this weekend. Even if you're not a ball golf fan, I suggest seeing some of it, because this course is just wicked hard this year (temperatures are unseasonably cold). You can learn a lot about metal strength watching these guys play this course. Makes you appreciate how much easier it is to put a disc in a basket from 10 ft then it is to put a little ball in a hole from the same distance, especially when there's multiple slope changes over that distance, and the green is so quick you may as well be shooting on slate.
Sorry to get off topic. :)