• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clubbin'

Are you a member of your local DG club?

• Sure am

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Don't have one

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

A.Mutt

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I finally got around to joining the local DG club as I want to continue to become more involved with the sport on a local level.

So what I'd like to know is how many here belong to their local club and what is the main benefit that you've gotten from it. If you don't belong to a club, what are your thoughts on why not.

I'm a member of the club where I used to live, but haven't figured out which one of the local groups is right for me here yet.

Just moved to the area - not sure that there is a local club here. (There probably is: I'm just too dang lazy to go out and find it.)

Im a member of a club (Oswego, Illinois)

Ive met alot of great people and have picked up some well appreciated tips/tricks. This has greatly helped me improve my game as well as get me out of the house more

I was all set to join one but I went down with an injury. Now I have school starting back up so I don't know.

There is a club in north Houston that I have been meaning to join, I just havn't gotten around to it yet. Its called "The Northside Chain Gang".

heres the link for our club's website http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/

It used to be that all the guys I played with were far more casual than me and the idea of joining the club was never even close to a consideration for them. Now none of them play more than a couple times a year so the people I've been playing with now have been more involved. Its motivated me to jump on in and surround myself with better players.

I belong to Mile High Disc Golf Club in Denver. We have talked about starting a small club in our area. Mile High is a very big club. They run the scene in Denver, which is good, but it is easy to get lost in the shuffle if you don't know everyone. I am starting to get to know some people though. We have a core group of guys in Brighton that we have talked about forming a club to promote in Brighton. Maybe just some tag matches and organize doubles and other min tournaments.

I am not a member of my local club mainly because I just started playing in early May and I'm a college student who couldn't really be an active part of the club. There are plans to build a course in my town (as of right now, the nearest course is 20-30 minutes away). So maybe once it is done, I'll join as a way to help with my home course.

I do keep up with everything though. They post the minutes and other useful information on the club forum, http://www.bdga.org/.

I sadly live too far away from a local club. Just no time and when the nearest club does meet... I work.

Not yet...but I plan on being a Mile High Disc Golf member when I get paid next:)

I just really have not looked into it yet. I know we have one and I have seen trash days posted at the kiosk on the local course. I know at a few local shops that slang discs you can get a discount for being part of the local club and I think there are a few others.. but I dunno.

lol I think I am. I am the webmaster for the club site and keep it up to date but I haven't paid any dues this year lol. I guess since I pay for the website out of pocket and it cost about 4-5x the fee to join the club that covers it.

Though certain people seem to want to take over the website and will not give me the information to update it... Yeah our club president is on a power trip.

Latest posts