• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Personally if find something that almost works go to a lighter weight Big Z... I haven't thrown those but they sound sweet. My preferred Comet weight is 174 to 176. I used to carry two or three usually a used 174 and a fresher or/and ESP 176.. A few grams changed it for me from stable finish to understable.

Ultimate Comet? 174-176 ESP but the weird harder hybrid blend that feels like a grippy Z... with a flat top.. Yell all you want that is the Comet for me.

^this

Lighter Elite X does all of the magical Comet stuff the best. I am considering a fresh ESP for the bag again as it's the stupid straightest of the Comets.

I've been bagging mid-160's Z Comets for years. I had to go to Iowa due to family emergency (Mother was sick) without discs. I picked up a used ESP Comet, and am loving it.

Flying meatball, swirl glo ESPs are up on Sunking:
esp_swirl_glo_comet_michael_johansen_sk.png

I got a max weight big z for a stable comet, then a lighter 170g esp for a more understable slot. Those swirlys look awesome though. Wonder how they fly?

Got my swirly glo esp MJ Comet in today.

Spoiler Alert: it flies like a comet. Full rip, it will turn ever so slightly and glide out. Powered down a bit it flies dead nuts straight.

Also, not sure if mine is defective, but it does not glow for jack sh***. Like, not at all. Kind of a bummer because I really wanted it for glow rounds, but I love comets and love MJ so not a big deal. But if you want one for glow rounds then this may not be the comet for that application.

Profile pic as requested: https://imgur.com/a/fxZeDTx

I wonder when they will finally release some Comets in the new Ti blends going around? Surprised they put out the Zombee and few other molds in it before the comet!

I Went out and played a 9 hole course today that i have only played once Before, it´s short but very technical with LOTS of trees.

I usually have Z Meteor, ZFLX Buzzz, Ti Buzzz and Wasp as my mid setup. . but today i put a Big Z Comet in the bag for fun.

On the second hole my Meteor hit a tree and Went OB, so i decided to try the Comet and hit Birdys on the two next holes.

Next round i hit birdys every time i throw the Comet and ended up shoting -6 . .which is quite good on a 9 hole course with two holes that are almost impossible to birdy.

So this is almost annoying, do i ad Another mid to my lineup? i dont want to take the Meteor out because it can do things the Comet cant
But i kind of feel like four mid moulds are to many

I Went out and played a 9 hole course today that i have only played once Before, it´s short but very technical with LOTS of trees.

I usually have Z Meteor, ZFLX Buzzz, Ti Buzzz and Wasp as my mid setup. . but today i put a Big Z Comet in the bag for fun.

On the second hole my Meteor hit a tree and Went OB, so i decided to try the Comet and hit Birdys on the two next holes.

Next round i hit birdys every time i throw the Comet and ended up shoting -6 . .which is quite good on a 9 hole course with two holes that are almost impossible to birdy.

So this is almost annoying, do i ad Another mid to my lineup? i dont want to take the Meteor out because it can do things the Comet cant

Four is nonsense, as I would've bagged a Drone, Hornet, Wasp, Comet, if not for the lack of baseline plastics for the Wasp. Even now I have 4: RocX3, Roc3, Roc, Mako3. Before someone tells me that is 2 molds, the RocX3, has a blunter rim that the Roc3, and the Roc3 and RocX3 are all premium plastics, while the Rocs are KC and DX.

Bag a Comet instead of other mids on technical courses and do it the other way round on open courses.

..... (He had a good round)

Dude you were there you saw how your round went... how can you not have a bag with that potential?

I'm a huge gyro head but one disc that won't leave my bag is the Comet, if my round is falling apart I go back to basics it's comfortable and reliable it's a fallback or a front runner. I think you will find you don't need one of those Buzzzs as bad as you want a Comet in the bag.

yes it will go in my bag, just made an order for a Z and a X Comet today so i can play around with som different plastics

yes it will go in my bag, just made an order for a Z and a X Comet today so i can play around with som different plastics

It sounds like you play in the woods - even if you were to try a Philo-style bag with just a bunch of Rancho Rocs, you're going to be missing out on lines! I figure sometimes you have to bite the bullet, especially with mids, and bag a few to several molds.

When in doubt, try for less molds, but not over strokes saved or fun to be had. :hfive:

It sounds like you play in the woods - even if you were to try a Philo-style bag with just a bunch of Rancho Rocs, you're going to be missing out on lines! I figure sometimes you have to bite the bullet, especially with mids, and bag a few to several molds.

When in doubt, try for less molds, but not over strokes saved or fun to be had. :hfive:

what works for you might not for others. Hitting lines depends way more on the player than the discs they carry. If you can do it all with one mold without glaring gaps in your game I say go for it. I can't do with less than 2, but I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to carry 3.

I don't agree with this. Sure, if you need to start over, two mid molds seems fine. But since I've gone minimal and my game has improved. To each their own. I just prefer the same feel in the hand every time and I like making my discs do the work and throwing them on the lines I want, not what the disc prefers.

I love Comets, but since I have DX Rocs beat in to cover the Comet shots, I took Comets out and haven't skipped a beat. And my beat Rocs actually fly further than a Comet "for me" that is.

Since last spring, I've bagged nothing but Rocs for mids. If I did lose one of my beat Rocs, I have Comets for back up though.

Latest posts