• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I know. I know!
And thanks. I'm thinking ahead to the next tree I blast with my XT Atlas. As much as I like the plastic, I tacoed the crap out of it with one throw. I can manipulate it back into shape but it's not going to be a laser beam woods disc, unfortunately. And I love my z blend zone, so figured I should do my due diligence with the comet. And the big z flying meatball looking stamp amuses me.

i'm not really sure how the big z's fly. the one i saw was quite flippy but it was also flat.

might wanna check out the big z vs reg z and try not to get a flat one.

Yeah I think it was Three Putt that mentioned you want some dome on a Comet, so I'll avoid flatties. Maybe I'm trying to wedge this disc into a slot it doesn't belong in and I'll need a Mako or Alias or similar, but I still need to test drive it.

^ Thanks, Tyler.

Flat Comets es no bueno.

I've gotten a flat z and a flat esp over the past year and they now collect dust for the most part. The Big Z's and current run regular stamp Z's do seem to be pretty close in feel and flight. The Ti's are close too. They all fly very similar lines. So...if you're just a comet enthusiast rather than a comet lover, get yourself a heavy Z. I'd be willing to bet that if you are getting your roc's to 310, the comet will be in the 320-330 range.

Yup I would try a Z in about the same weight you like your rocs. If you can put a roc on 310' line, the comet should go 345' and need less height to get there. If you are clean its the most point and shoot disc around.

I appreciate it, fellas. I ended up with a 177+ yellow Big Z Flying Meatball and I like the feel a lot. Didn't throw it today, but definitely excited. I'm hoping I can pull this guy out in the woods when I need a good straight tunnel shot and whatnot and not have to super smash a Pure. It just feels like I need a Comet in the bag for these wooded courses.

The Comet was destined for wooded courses. I played three rounds on Friday on courses that are shorter and require line shaping shots. I would say I threw a Comet(I carry three) on close to 60% of my shots off the tee. It's just too easy to range from 200 to 350.

Broken Shoulder...the thing with the Comet is don't start out trying to over power it. Throw it like you would when driving with a putter. Once you get used to throwing it, then start to add a little more juice as you go.

Smooth and clean. Got it.
I bag an opto pure and a zone for driving putters, which of course you can really mash on, but I've also got a Polecat which requires more finesse, so yeah, I think I can slow down on the Comet and learn to manipulate it.
Now I just need it to not be -13° so I can go throw.

Oh come on, punk. It's funny that you bring this back up because I got sick of how hss my roc is so u used some funny money from the brp cali league and bought a comet just because you made me want to toss one again... Parked just about every hole I tossed it on. Good to have one back in the bag, instant welcome back home.

My brother in law threw the baseline ones way back in the late 90's and I was always just...meh, about them. I threw Rocs and Sharks and a Deuce. So I guess I just had that memory in my head when we started back again and just ignored them. Well, no more.

Oh come on, punk. It's funny that you bring this back up because I got sick of how hss my roc is so u used some funny money from the brp cali league and bought a comet just because you made me want to toss one again... Parked just about every hole I tossed it on. Good to have one back in the bag, instant welcome back home.

It's funny you say that. I have the same experience anytime I take a Comet out of the bag and then come back. I rarely am without one anymore.

Yeah, I'm probably going to keep a comet for good now. I like my rocs a whole lot but they don't float or hold lines at low power like comets. Maybe once I have a bunch of thrashed ones, but then they'll have turn...

I recently picked up a 177 gram ESP Comet.

Using it for practice to see my form flaws. Thank you to everyone for suggesting it for that purpose.

I'm using Rocs as my mids but the past couple of winters I've been throwing my Z Comet and Z Wasp instead because all my Rocs are white and if I was to lose discs in the snow, I'd rather lose my Comet or Wasp but I love throwing them every time I bag them, especially the Comet. I'm often thinking that I should put it back in the bag, it just flies too smooth..

A friend of mine saw a dream last summer where I was convincing him to get a Comet and after that dream he felt like he had to get one and he has loved throwing Comets ever since. I said to him that it's probably going to be his first ace disc. Still waiting for the ace but I know it's on its way ;)

I'm using Rocs as my mids but the past couple of winters I've been throwing my Z Comet and Z Wasp instead because all my Rocs are white and if I was to lose discs in the snow, I'd rather lose my Comet or Wasp but I love throwing them every time I bag them, especially the Comet. I'm often thinking that I should put it back in the bag, it just flies too smooth..

A friend of mine saw a dream last summer where I was convincing him to get a Comet and after that dream he felt like he had to get one and he has loved throwing Comets ever since. I said to him that it's probably going to be his first ace disc. Still waiting for the ace but I know it's on its way ;)

Blasphemy! ;)

i haven't thrown my x comet since sunday and i'm still enamored. i guess it was meant to be.

picked this bad boy up for 5$ today too. penned at 175g, solid 8/10. seems to just scuff really easily, super chalky and weird feeling. holding it makes me shiver like scraping my fingers on a chalkboard, not a fan lmao. might be a wall hanger. is it worth hanging on a wall? from what i gather it's a TP saturn comet, mirite?

it was so chalky at first it looked like . . . chalk. all over my hands.

IMAG0250_zpslxfcxsye.jpg

nice! it's not quite as BRIGHT aqua as the picture seems to be - had to change settings on my phone since it was trying to make it look like it was green, so it really oversaturated it, dunno why my phone did that, but yeah.

when are they from? am i holding a piece of history? :3 i think it'd be cooler to have something even older than the CA tb i had. i'd like to start collecting old cheapies like dx barstamps, etc.

Latest posts