• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I was looking for an understable mid for quite some time that suited my throwing style. I tried a couple others but the Comet finally fits perfect in the bag. I play a local course here in VA that has a couple fairly short ~250FT holes that require a right finish. I throw exclusively backhand unless Im in jail, and the comet does what I want.
Aced hole 5 at Newport News a few weeks ago with it. love

I was looking for an understable mid for quite some time that suited my throwing style. I tried a couple others but the Comet finally fits perfect in the bag. I play a local course here in VA that has a couple fairly short ~250FT holes that require a right finish. I throw exclusively backhand unless Im in jail, and the comet does what I want.
Aced hole 5 at Newport News a few weeks ago with it. love

Gotta respond to a Miller! I feel like the Comet grows on anyone who will give it a chance, from brand new players to experienced throwers. For me, it's great for woodsy courses with gaps in taller, skinny type trees with fewer low-hanging branches and less ceiling issues. Great for weaving lines through those trees.

Gotta respond to a Miller! I feel like the Comet grows on anyone who will give it a chance, from brand new players to experienced throwers. For me, it's great for woodsy courses with gaps in taller, skinny type trees with fewer low-hanging branches and less ceiling issues. Great for weaving lines through those trees.

Yea, I feel the comet gives me a chance to shape some shots through the woods that I cant pull off with my roc and buzzz. I do feel like its gotten a touch to understable recently, so i will likely buy a new one. mine is a Big Z comet

I've got a Z Fly Dyed that's been growing on me, as well as a slightly lighter Glo Z that has potential. Another is a Ledgestone Ti, which probably can't get the distance of the Z, but feels really nice to throw. I've been happy that none of them seem too understable.

I figured as much, I just wanted to see if this was a consistent difference or not. It's a pretty big difference in diameter IMO. I've seen it for a couple other discs like the star aviar driver vs kc aviar, but yeah.

Weren't the older TP ones smaller diameter because of that? The one I came in contact with just felt smaller.

I started with an X that I bought because it was such a nice shade of green and the plastic felt so good I just couldn't resist it. We didn't get along and it languished out of my bag for quite some time. But then I met RunningDoc and his bag of 6 Comets and he told me what's what. So I went home and put it in the bag and learned how to throw it. Didn't take long before it became my favorite disc in my bag. Also didn't take long for one of the rock courses I play to put a nice ding in the rim. Enter pink ESPflx and fitting in with my pink ESPflx Buzzz and Drone. For about a year I've referred to it as, "My favorite disc". If I could only carry one, that's the one. Fast forward a year or so and I added a Z Comet to the mix and about 2 months later (A couple of weeks ago) I picked up a pink Big Z Comet (Angry Meatball). Haven't had a day of field work with them today to really compare, but they all seem to fly like Comets. They're all right around max weight.
I'm a noodle arm, used to carry Destroyers but my ability to regularly land a nice smooth Comet throw on top of a big Destroyer rip told me I had no business throwing Destroyers.

I started with an X that I bought because it was such a nice shade of green and the plastic felt so good I just couldn't resist it.

We didn't get along and it languished out of my bag for quite some time. But then I met RunningDoc and his bag of 6 Comets and he told me what's what. So I went home and put it in the bag and learned how to throw it.

Didn't take long before it became my favorite disc in my bag. Also didn't take long for one of the rock courses I play to put a nice ding in the rim. Enter pink ESPflx and fitting in with my pink ESPflx Buzzz and Drone. For about a year I've referred to it as, "My favorite disc".

If I could only carry one, that's the one. Fast forward a year or so and I added a Z Comet to the mix and about 2 months later (A couple of weeks ago) I picked up a pink Big Z Comet (Angry Meatball). Haven't had a day of field work with them today to really compare, but they all seem to fly like Comets. They're all right around max weight.

I'm a noodle arm, used to carry Destroyers but my ability to regularly land a nice smooth Comet throw on top of a big Destroyer rip told me I had no business throwing Destroyers.

^ I fixed that for you!!!!!! I swear Zunz is the nicest 6'4" green haired dude you'll ever meet. you might even mistake him for Scott Stokely on a given day.

man how time flies! I have to ask is the reason your font green because you also have (or had) green dyed hair?

seriously though, I now have three comets (two max weight Z and a beat to crap elite X) and do field practice with them often.

I was down to only one comet for a while (my original elite X) and felt naked , then after leagues one day in October back in Connecticut the local discraft sponsored pro broke out his stash to sell and everyone gravitated towards the holloween buzzz's and what not and I saw two beauties a green and pink Z and snatched them up. Adam was like "wait man, you know I had those saved to eventually put in my bag!" but sold them to me anyway :D

CS3BJ9dl.jpg

I have a confession to make.... I havent been bagging comets during league/tourney rounds anymore :eek: I bag more overstable KC pro rocs. I do warm up in the field before hand with my comets though. The comet is fickle, especially when I have those tourney jitters and a little OAT going with my throws... the KC pro's are more tolerant to that.

That green one sure is pretty! I'd carry all green discs in a heartbeat if they weren't so dang hard to find. In stead it's almost all pinks... And I didn't really like having pink hair, so me and my discs just wont match. It's a bummer, but what are ya gonna do?

I love my Z comet, right now it's the disc I'm making 90% of my throws with. I've only been doing mids and putters because I can't do my drives quite well yet. Plus I can push 200' with my Comet. I used to use my Buzzz until I found a Comet, both are great discs though.

I had to add my Comets here :p

The whitish X is actually really light pink, with some darker swirls in it. Is it just me, or has there been a lot of pretty Elite X discs lately? You can see the dark swirls in the blue.

Both X are bagged right now. They fly the same, but... I don't want to look for glo in the snow :l The pink is just pink enough to stand out.

Attachments

• 20160325_211735.jpg
    20160325_211735.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20160321_092421.jpg
    20160321_092421.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 28
Yeah, a lot of the x comets lately seem to have some sick swirls! I have a blue very similar to yours.

I've decided to only throw z unless I need something really flippy in which case I'll use a beat x, but it isn't bagged regularly.

Also decided to dye "zee comet" with a mustache on one of my z here eventually.

I was excited to try comets after over a year off due to injuries, because it would be nice to have a mid that was slower and glidier and more controllable. But with my noodle arm I can't get any turn out of even an X comet, and they fade out quite a bit when given some height. Maybe it's being out of practice, but I'm going back to meteors because they are truely understable for me and a buzzz SS can fill he gap between meteor and buzzz.

Plus between a beat zero pure and opto pure I can do some of the same type of higher controllable lines although with a bit less distance.

I did get a glimpse of how the comet could be a magical disc for non-noodle-arms.

I love my Z comet, right now it's the disc I'm making 90% of my throws with. I've only been doing mids and putters because I can't do my drives quite well yet. Plus I can push 200' with my Comet.

Same here. Need to work on my form, but I doubt my 3 Comets ever leave my bag.
I have an old Z Comet and 2 Ledgestone Ti Comets. The Ti Comets are my workhorses.