• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comparing touring DG'ers to ball golf pros

Ken Climo dominated starting only about 15 years after the basket was invented and 7 years after the bevel-edged Disc. A ball golf equivalent champion would have to go WAAAAAY back in history. :)

Climo = Jack Nicklaus
McBeth = Tiger Woods
Wysocki = Greg Norman
Lizotte = Bubba Watson
Big Jerm = Dustin Johnson
Will S = Rory Mcilroy
JohnE = Roy McAcvoy
Schwebby = Phil Mickelson
Nikko = Keegan Bradley
Feldberg = Lee Travino
Doss = Lee Westwood
Shultz = Fred Couples
Avery = Robert Garrigus
Brinster = Ben Hogan
Stokely = John Daly
Jarvis twins = 2 Jamie Sadlowski's
Jussi M = Louis Oosthuizen
Jesper L = Henrik Stenson
Yeti = Matt Kuchar
KJ Nybo = KJ Choi
Ulibarri = Billy Horschel
Jared Roan = Jim Furyk

I hope McBeast's career doesn't go to hell after a sex addiction scandal and crashing his escalade into a tree...

Climo = Jack Nicklaus
McBeth = Tiger Woods
Wysocki = Greg Norman
Lizotte = Bubba Watson
Big Jerm = Dustin Johnson
Will S = Rory Mcilroy
JohnE = Roy McAcvoy
Schwebby = Phil Mickelson
Nikko = Keegan Bradley
Feldberg = Lee Travino
Doss = Lee Westwood
Shultz = Fred Couples
Avery = Robert Garrigus
Brinster = Ben Hogan
Stokely = John Daly
Jarvis twins = 2 Jamie Sadlowski's
Jussi M = Louis Oosthuizen
Jesper L = Henrik Stenson
Yeti = Matt Kuchar
KJ Nybo = KJ Choi
Ulibarri = Billy Horschel
Jared Roan = Jim Furyk

Is that a real golfer?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117918/?ref_=ext_shr_eml_vi#lb-vi3019309337

Last edited:
Annika Sörenstam - Paul McBeth
paula creamer - Wysocki
Lydia Ko - Lizotte

Tour players most like dgers I would say are Will McKenzie, Matt Every and DJ. I intentionally left out Chris Blanks, Notah Begay and Rachel Conner.

Comparing dominance in disc golf to dominance in Olympic wrestling is insulting to wrestlers. I think it's equally insulting to compare accomplishments in disc golf to traditional golf, or other established sports. As long as the comparisons are confined to mild, present day similarities, and not to be confused with actual accomplishment, I think it's a fun thing to do. Comparing Climo to Karelin, Nicklaus, etc. Is preposterous, and irrational.

Well... Since we are getting off topic, I'm going to go ahead and post some more sports dominance.

459 consecutive dual meets won by the Brandon (Florida) High School wrestling program from 1974 to 2008. It's the longest winning streak for any high school sport. They even held a tournament where they invited any team in the nation to challenge their unbeaten streak.

http://old.nfhs.org/content.aspx?id=6252

Sorry, as great as Climo is/was, can't compare ANY disc golfer to Jack Nicklaus. Just received a Congressional Gold Medal, has given $2 Billion...that is a B...away in charity...and was on the 5 pound note in Great Britain. Oh, and won 18 majors.

Comparing dominance in disc golf to dominance in Olympic wrestling is insulting to wrestlers. I think it's equally insulting to compare accomplishments in disc golf to traditional golf, or other established sports. As long as the comparisons are confined to mild, present day similarities, and not to be confused with actual accomplishment, I think it's a fun thing to do. Comparing Climo to Karelin, Nicklaus, etc. Is preposterous, and irrational.
who the hell invited Buzz Killington here?
latest

I guess you can't compare anybody to anyone. :\

Several other people made similar responses as me, although more tact was used. The thread became ridiculous the moment Climo's "dominance" in the early days was compared to, then raised above somebody winning gold medals in the Olympics multiple times. WAKE UP,

Sorry, as great as Climo is/was, can't compare ANY disc golfer to Jack Nicklaus. Just received a Congressional Gold Medal, has given $2 Billion...that is a B...away in charity...and was on the 5 pound note in Great Britain. Oh, and won 18 majors.

You're derailing the thread by stating the obvious. How dare you!