• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Connecticut -> ?official thread?

we always show, rain or shine. if it's pouring, fewer people are likely to be there though... if it's just a drizzle, people will show...

bill dunne might be doing a "single disc" or "disc and putter" round on the short silver baskets. there was talk of doing so before the Classic...

directions:

off the Merritt South, go north on Main Ave past the Wal-Mart. take kensett on your right, go to end, and make a left. entrance to the park is on your right and well marked. go through the gates, and you'll see the practice basket on your left as you reach the small fields. park in the lot directly in front of you. drive slow or else Popeye (aka Harold the Park Deputy) will yell at you to do so. :wink:

Craig Smolin said:
Aaron - join NOW. Wickham will close after Halloween. You will get better between now and then by playing in the league.

I've got qualifying exams between now and the 3rd week in August, but after I'm through with that, I'll likely join. I'll see if I can convince my wife to put up with more disc golf ...

How much $ is it?

wickham park is free to play.
they charge $3 on weekdays and $4 on weekends to park inside the park.
you can drive past the park entrance and take the next right at a restaurant called Marco Polo. park on that road and walk into the park. they have no problem with ppl walking in. if you walk in right there, you are starting on hole #8.
if you want to start on hole #1 ... drive past the park entrance for about 1.5 miles until you come to Long Hill road, long hill package store is on your right if you want some tasty bevs. take a right on long hill road. there will be a quick stop sign and then another quick stop sign. take a right at the SECOND stop sign. drive about 1 mile down that road and there is a small dirt parking lot on the left just before the park which is on your right. walk through the back side of the park and you are right at the basket for hole #1 and the tee pad for hole #2.

i recommend parking at marco polo. if you park outside the park you dont have to leave when they close at 7:30. the ranger guy drives around and asks if you walked in and lets you play until you cant see anymore.

kmanoni said:
wickham park is free to play.
they charge $3 on weekdays and $4 on weekends to park inside the park.

I know. I play there all the time. I meant how much $ is it to play at the League on Tuesdays?

7 bucks. They always make it so that you're spending a total of 10 bucks for the day, depending on how much it is to park. So league on Tuesdays is 7 bucks, and doubles on Sunday is 6.

nice drive kid said:
kmanoni said:
does Nick Holmes post on DGR?

Nope. Too busy with all the wangs in his mouth.

Hey now... A. I consider that a challenge for tags this weekend Bunce
B. This is Nick Holmes kmanoni. I finally got my account activated.

HomeSweetHolmes said:
nice drive kid said:
kmanoni said:

Nick don't try to hide your love for wangs.

nice drive kid said:
HomeSweetHolmes said:
nice drive kid said:
kmanoni said:

Nick don't try to hide your love for wangs.

I still want to know where all of this is coming from hahahaha I'm hurt... You gonna be around this weekend to lose your tag though?

sup holmes ... i guess it was a case of mistaken identity ...
i was looking for another Nick -> BIG Nick.

but ill also be looking for you out there.

just make sure you take the wang out of your mouth when we get introduced.

question: on Wick hole #8, does anyone know (for sure) how far it is from the tee to the treeline? I google-earth-ed it, and it said around 400'. But I'm not sure if that's accurate.

banzai7 said:
question: on Wick hole #8, does anyone know (for sure) how far it is from the tee to the treeline? I google-earth-ed it, and it said around 400'. But I'm not sure if that's accurate.

i cant be 100% sure ... but here is what i think
the hole is supposed to be 640 feet from tee to pin.
and the tree line is a little more than 50% of the way there. maybe 60%.
65% of 640 = 416
60% of 640 = 384
55% of 640 is 352

so i think it is prob around 380 to the tree line.

HomeSweetHolmes said:
I still want to know where all of this is coming from hahahaha I'm hurt... You gonna be around this weekend to lose your tag though?

Not this weekend, gotta work on Saturday. Unless you feel like hitting up Cranbizzle on Sunday.

A quick quesion for you folk...

What's with all (maybe not all, but A TON) of the liquor stores calling themselves "package stores"? I've never seen that anywhere else...

pd

the term "package store" is a Connecticut, or northeast, regionally specific term. im guessing your not from the northeast. we also like to eat grinders. <hehe, another northeast term>

not sure where it came from.

we from CT get confused when going down south because they have "Beer Distributors" and <i think> "liquor stores" i think you can only get 6packs and 12packs at regular stores ... and for anything bigger than that you need to go to a beer distributor. thats how it works in Pennsylvania, not sure about further south and west.

definition:
PACKAGE STORE: A place of business in which the premises is used primarily or exclusively for the retail sale of alcoholic liquor in original packages for consumption off the premises where sold.

Latest posts