• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Consistency Quest

Thought this might be a thread about a new disc from Quest AT, called the Consistency.
My bad. I'll slowly back out again.

Haha, yeah, I wish I could just purchase consistency for the price of a disc. Might even be worth one in swirly glow plastic with a pretty stamp.

I haven't had the opportunity to play and practice regularly for some time but when possible I'm still working on the feedback given so far. Focussing on a committed backswing toss and feeling the entire shoulder axis out to the elbow as "one big lever" helps a lot with slinging vs pulling. Some improvements are:

- numb feeling in plant leg and knee the day after playing is gone
- "griplocks" going far but 30 degrees to the right don't happen anymore (I think slinging vs pulling did this)
- same or better consistent distance with way less effort
- less dependent on certain discs to throw reasonably well. All my neutral-ish putters, mids and fairways kind of work :)

Not sure if it is possible to give meaningful feedback on this but anyway, here I am throwing a 6kg medicine ball, inspired by different analogies made here to other sports and movements. Some observations:

- You can generate a lot of power going slow. When first watching the video I almost thought I had accidently set the speed to a slower setting.
- Wide steps do not help
- You can really feel the weight tugging at your center. You feel that you really need to make an effort to stay reasonably centered or you will lose balance.

https://youtu.be/JGURymXfw9c

I see a lot of SW22 Hammer X-Step and Battering Ram in your motion. For Medicine Balls, I might recommend shoes since you can get/feel even better ground leverage/reduce risk of little foot muscle strains when moving weight around.

You may already do this, but I would also mix up the ball trajectory to such as aiming the ball more directly at the wall like a more level disc throwing line. I've only been getting the hang of Battering Ram for one day but already find the transfer to the disc works faster if I alternate between a weighted object (different shapes/sizes can help), then switch to a disc, then back again to reinforce the motion pattern etc.

I see a lot of SW22 Hammer X-Step and Battering Ram in your motion. For Medicine Balls, I might recommend shoes since you can get/feel even better ground leverage/reduce risk of little foot muscle strains when moving weight around.

You may already do this, but I would also mix up the ball trajectory to such as aiming the ball more directly at the wall like a more level disc throwing line. I've only been getting the hang of Battering Ram for one day but already find the transfer to the disc works faster if I alternate between a weighted object (different shapes/sizes can help), then switch to a disc, then back again to reinforce the motion pattern etc.

Many thanks for the feedback! I don't use shoes when lifting but I see how that might be a good idea for throwing.

Next time I will definitely try throwing different lines and weights as you suggest. This was a pretty spontaneous attempt but it would be fun to try to develop as a more purposeful form of practice.

Thanks again!