• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Contender Back Pak by Physical Flight DG $155

The inverted U design does make a big difference IMO. We used a similar design in the Chally bag with the flap folding down which makes discs getting in and out easier. We are still on schedule and the rest of the bags will be shipped out today and tomorrow.

I know you posted the same thing Scotty, I totally forgot about the inverted U and then saw you posted that so I figured I'd repost my thoughts over here.

Well im a bit confused. I got my ups tracking a while ago then Paypal let me know my bag shipped but nothing updated on UPS... I really hope PayPal was accurate though. If so i should get my bag Monday!

If you ordered navy, royal or orange then the bag won't ship til tomorrow. PayPal just notifies when a shipping label is created and not when it ships.

If you ordered navy, royal or orange then the bag won't ship til tomorrow. PayPal just notifies when a shipping label is created and not when it ships.

Thanks for clearin that up Chris. If it ships tomorrow maybe i will still get it Monday :)

Spinal Tap v. Contender...

Still trying to figure out why folks are stuck on this decision that was very EASY for me to make...

The ST is a nice looking bag, but is simply just another very nice backpack bag just like the Grip, Prodiscus, and others. Nothing wrong, but nothing innovative. The Contender is simply a superior design.... AND it both cheaper and appears to be be constructed of higher quality materials. Little things like the key ring clip on the flap instead of the back wall... concealed pockets, envelope size pocket on the bottom front, water bottle holder on the back for stability... I could go on and on.

I spent countless hours trying to figure this puzzle out and all roads led me here. It's the only logical choice.

Still trying to figure out why folks are stuck on this decision that was very EASY for me to make...

The ST is a nice looking bag, but is simply just another very nice backpack bag just like the Grip, Prodiscus, and others. Nothing wrong, but nothing innovative. The Contender is simply a superior design.... AND it both cheaper and appears to be be constructed of higher quality materials. Little things like the key ring clip on the flap instead of the back wall... concealed pockets, envelope size pocket on the bottom front, water bottle holder on the back for stability... I could go on and on.

I spent countless hours trying to figure this puzzle out and all roads led me here. It's the only logical choice.
I completely agree with you, most people assume its price, but just because something is the least expensive on the market doesn't mean it's not a high quality, the contender may not look as sleek as some other bags but its function and material make up is superior in every way. Not to mention the amazing day to day customer service through the forums here!

... the contender may not look as sleek as some other bags...

And looks are a personal thing. I couldn't remember what the Spinal Tap looked like so I did some searching again, and I do think the Contender is sleeker looking... The only other bag that I said WOW on was the Big Hyzer Bag Ergo in neon green & black... but i don't care for many of the other features. Plus those pictures are only computer generated. The bag I saw Will carrying (and I offered to caddie for him until Phil arrived) at the Memorial looked funny to me. So I would be scared that the final product wouldn't match the CGI.

Those receiving a camo bag will notice a light water proof material which is what we use for the "colored" parts of just the camo bag. The main parts of the bag are all ballistic. This gives the bag great waterproofing ability and makes the bag super light. You should enjoy it. We will not make any more camo bags for awhile.

Those receiving a camo bag will notice a light water proof material which is what we use for the "colored" parts of just the camo bag. The main parts of the bag are all ballistic. This gives the bag great waterproofing ability and makes the bag super light. You should enjoy it. We will not make any more camo bags for awhile.

Interesting. I can't wait to see it!

Cant wait to get my camo Contender! Just worried bc there's all this talk about tracking #s and I've got nada.

Cant wait to get my camo Contender! Just worried bc there's all this talk about tracking #s and I've got nada.

Dont' worry, it doesn't mean anything for most of us. For some the bag has already shipped, but just have faith in Chris. He will take care of you.

Because it was easy for you to make, makes it easier for other people? I'd imagine no two people share the same value towards each part of the decision (cost, design, materials, etc)

Can't share the feelings of others, but I can share mine. Yes $55 is a big difference in price point, but this is going to be a big investment regardless so that doesn't both me at all. While the materials are the best on the market, they still have to be manufactured properly to stay together (Voodoo has a slight edge there with a longer track record). The putter pocket (or the storage behind it) I'm not to big on....seems like whenever I would go into that pocket for a snack, my putters would fall out when I open it (or I'd have to be cognizant of that holding them every time I open it). I'm also curious to see how the inverted U works. Seems like it'd be a pain to zip the main compartment closed after a round, being that the discs are sitting on the flap....I think.

Don't get me wrong, the ST has things I don't like either. I'm just making the point as to why it's not a no-brainer for me, like it was for you.

The putter doesn't fall out. The zipper doesn't zip down far enough to allow that and the elastic around it keeps it snug. How many times do you zip the main compartment up during an average round? Probably only when you leave the course so that is neglible.

Latest posts