• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Core OOP?

To each their own. I thought the mold was useless. The few I threw (new) were closer to beat Roadrunners. I'd rather toss a River or a Leopard.

I have two Falchions, and they're both just like my Champion Sidewinders. Your armspeed is probably fast enough that the Falchion and Sidewinder are relatively understable for you, but the Falchion is a great disc for those of us who do throw the straight-to-slightly understable molds.

I have two Falchions, and they're both just like my Champion Sidewinders. Your armspeed is probably fast enough that the Falchion and Sidewinder are relatively understable for you, but the Falchion is a great disc for those of us who do throw the straight-to-slightly understable molds.

So, other then a Boss (which i just added today not thrown yet), I actually keep my bag to speed 9 and below. Most of my discs are speed 7, Teebirds, and speed 6, Rivers and Leopards. Everything else is Rocs, Mako3, and Aviars. So I fall on the Stable side of a stable-Understable bag.

I did try to like the Falchion, but any wind sent that disc flipped and to the ground.

So, other then a Boss (which i just added today not thrown yet), I actually keep my bag to speed 9 and below. Most of my discs are speed 7, Teebirds, and speed 6, Rivers and Leopards. Everything else is Rocs, Mako3, and Aviars. So I fall on the Stable side of a stable-Understable bag.

I did try to like the Falchion, but any wind sent that disc flipped and to the ground.

My core bag is similar: speed-9-and-below with one high speed driver, but leaning towards straight-to-understable. I never had a problem with my Falchions in tailwinds or mild headwinds. In heavier headwinds, I'd disc up.

My core bag is similar: speed-9-and-below with one high speed driver, but leaning towards straight-to-understable. I never had a problem with my Falchions in tailwinds or mild headwinds. In heavier headwinds, I'd disc up.

Yeah, I use very beat Champion Firebirds for high wind.

Either way, I am a bit bummed to see the Core going. I like discs that drift over in their turn as opposed to flipping up and turning, for holds around 325' the Core was perfect.

I've been throwing the same Core for like 5 years. If it goes OOP maybe should pick up another...

Although it doesn't like wind all that much, it's truly got a glide of 6 for me. That can get you into trouble in the open, but nothing glides down low hallways like the Core, for that speed range.

Do people find much difference between Core and Fuse?

The Fuse fills out the hand a bit more but in terms of flight a beat, flat Core and a fresh max weight Fuse could cover similar lines. Some of the domey Opto Cores were more overstable than the Fuse could ever be though. If you're looking for a GL Core replacement the Opto X Fuse could be a good choice.

Core is/was a good disc though. It was an easier to throw, glidier Buzzz for a lot of people.

The Fuse fills out the hand a bit more but in terms of flight a beat, flat Core and a fresh max weight Fuse could cover similar lines. Some of the domey Opto Cores were more overstable than the Fuse could ever be though. If you're looking for a GL Core replacement the Opto X Fuse could be a good choice.

Core is/was a good disc though. It was an easier to throw, glidier Buzzz for a lot of people.

Yeah like I said mine is 5 years old, so last fresh Fuse I tried was almost the same so that's in line with what you're saying. Like the 5/6/-1/1 type of flight when I power it down to appropriate levels...and it will get WAY out there on a hyzer flip. Sounds about right then that the Core becomes what a Fuse starts as.

I love it for that easy to throw Buzzz shot like you said...have a low ceiling gap to hit and it doesn't matter how hard or soft you throw it. It'll go through the gap and keep going.

I was thinking along similar lines, but I was thinking they are making only stuff their pros want and what more advanced players will throw, while forgetting about the casual/amaeteur player and leaving us in the dust.

Not only is your statement about Gold Line spot on, but trying to get a Classic Marshal that is NOT a Burst and therefore $3 per disc more is getting more and more difficult. And now with these OOP selections, my business Trilogy is losing.

That is the same problem that Discraft is having, thanks Paul 1 and Paul 2 being on Discraft along with Nate Doss to make the case for OS discs more then anything as they can use discs that are more OS. Only US discs left will be the ones these three use and the ones that MJ uses like the Comet, outside of some putters. I am afraid the Magent and Titanic molds will go oop soon even though a ton of players use the Magnet and is even in the beginner set, though only the soft Magnet. That did not stop the XL from going opp in the Z plastic and being only sold in the beginner set that Discraft sells in Pro D.

Sorry for thread drift but I know what you are going through having a definitely more popular or used disc by players, the Stalker go oop and then the Machete and/or Flick not sure which or if both despite being popular.

I am surprised it is still in production. There were rumors of the Core going OOP 4 years ago when the Claymore came out.

Yeah. My understanding was the Core wasn't quite what Lat64 wanted it to be so they came out with the Claymore. They did a run with a molecular stamp (or whatever it was) and that was supposed to be the final run. Honestly surprised it's still being made. Unless they are still selling existing stock and stopped production awhile ago.

That is the same problem that Discraft is having, thanks Paul 1 and Paul 2 being on Discraft along with Nate Doss to make the case for OS discs more then anything as they can use discs that are more OS. Only US discs left will be the ones these three use and the ones that MJ uses like the Comet, outside of some putters. I am afraid the Magent and Titanic molds will go oop soon even though a ton of players use the Magnet and is even in the beginner set, though only the soft Magnet. That did not stop the XL from going opp in the Z plastic and being only sold in the beginner set that Discraft sells in Pro D.

Sorry for thread drift but I know what you are going through having a definitely more popular or used disc by players, the Stalker go oop and then the Machete and/or Flick not sure which or if both despite being popular.

I never use the Machete or Flick but I know people who do like a cousin.

Yeah. My understanding was the Core wasn't quite what Lat64 wanted it to be so they came out with the Claymore. They did a run with a molecular stamp (or whatever it was) and that was supposed to be the final run. Honestly surprised it's still being made. Unless they are still selling existing stock and stopped production awhile ago.

This makes sense. Probably similar to what Discraft is doing with the Surge. Some talk of this Ledgestone rune being the final run of it.

I never use the Machete or Flick but I know people who do like a cousin.

Yep, you are on point there. I have never used either mold, but I also have a few cousins that I think are okay people. :)

Last edited:

I've never thrown a claymore. How do they compare?

Yep, you are on point there. I have never used either mold, but I also have a few cousins that I think are okay people. :)

Yeah he has used discs like those being that 90% of his bag is Discraft, he liked the Star and Pro Destroyer as why get the disc that is Discraft or other brands close to a Destroyer disc when a Destroyer exists and has a Arrow From Aerobie for wind and close to edge cliff putts from up top, with a Arrow Cousin will putt more straight at basket with a spin putt. He liked the Flick and Machete where as I found a replacement for the XL that flies better off the rack called a Stalker and thanks to Discraft and some of Paul McBeth's discs making the mold oop. I fear other then specific discs pros used from Discraft, they are making disc for the top pros and not the everday player that much and good molds will have to be sacrificed, the same way Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs are doing.

This makes sense. Probably similar to what Discraft is doing with the Surge. Some talk of this Ledgestone rune being the final run of it.

That disc was not what it once was, the mold used to be not as OS but in the late 2000's the Surge became less gliding then the mold once was similar to what happened to the Avenger original mold. I think the newer plastic all the plastic those discs were run in after the Elite Z and X era made those molds fly odd needing a ton of power to get glide on the mold.